Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
481 - 500 of 698 Posts
Maybe a stupid questions, but if I were to get an oil change at the dealership, would they check on this TSB automatically or would I need to mention it?

Maybe a stupid questions, but if I were to get an oil change at the dealership, would they check on this TSB automatically or would I need to mention it?
Mine went in today for the complementary oil change, and the service writer already had my vehicle plugged in and all TSB‘s and recalls listed to be done on the paperwork before I ever even had a chance to bring it up….a competent dealer would catch this and update everything to be done upon checking the vehicle in.

They should.

I know the place I usually go for the 'included' changes does -- sometimes they tell me about updates that 'the internet' isn't talking about.

Otoh, some bulletins/updates are 'fix as fail' rather than 'do every one'...

Otoh, some bulletins/updates are 'fix as fail' rather than 'do every one'...
ironically, they did not apply the no crank update as above… I have had no issues with it, and they said it does not come up as needing to be applied to my vehicle. They said if you ever have this issue, which I haven’t, bring it back and we will apply it….They did apply a radio update…

if it ain’t broke don’t fix it…..

Reactions: Steamer861
ironically, they did not apply the no crank update as above… I have had no issues with it, and they said it does not come up as needing to be applied to my vehicle. They said if you ever have this issue, which I haven’t, bring it back and we will apply it….They did apply a radio update…

if it ain’t broke don’t fix it…..
When was the truck Yukon last at the dealer?

When was the truck Yukon last at the dealer?
Yesterday was its 1st dealer visit since new in May 2021. Complimentary oil change was done correctly using the correct oil and filter. 4600 miles. Leaving on a 1500 mile trip in 2 weeks....No significant issues with vehicle since delivery.

Had my truck for 6 months now. Total of 4 times it cranked over and no fire. Got the update today. Noticed it turns over longer before firing. Dont like this but hopefully it fixes the crank and no start problem.

I also have had this same problem. The first time it happened, truck had 150km. Brought it to the dealer and was told problem was fixed. I was told it was a camshaft sensor. I also told them about the no start long crank issue with the gas jobs and said make sure the ECM is up to date. It did throw an engine light. No start happened again 100km later. Brought the truck back to the dealer. That was on April 13th. Truck is still in the dealer as we speak. They tried a new ECM. Problem persisted. The no start happened in their shop. Then they said they need to pull the cab to get access to the timing cover to look at the timing ring on the camshaft. Also just got a call yesterday saying the GM engineers are coming down to look at the engine. I’ll keep you guys updated. Confirming I have the same problem. Long crank, maybe 20-30 seconds and you can do nothing to stop the crank minus remove the battery terminals. Then it fires right up. For me though, problem was worse after they changed the camshaft sensor and updated the ECU. I have a feeling this is all software related.
What is the status on this truck now?

So, a question for all those who all ready have the update. Did it fix the issue?
My truck has 14000 klicks now (8600 miles) & still only 2 crank no starts, I want to get the update, but want to know it works! Thanks

So, a question for all those who all ready have the update. Did it fix the issue?
My truck has 14000 klicks now (8600 miles) & still only 2 crank no starts, I want to get the update, but want to know it works! Thanks
I wouldnt. After the update the engine turns over longer and fires up. Auto start still works the same. I just like a diesel engine when it fires up after a little crank. I had 4 cranks and no fire 4 times in 5000kms. 2021 GMC Sierra

I had the update two weeks ago and knock on wood everything appears to be going fine - no extended cranks. Prior to the update I had about a dozen extended cranks in 3 months and 10k and never went past two weeks without one. I will report back in another couple weeks again but I am hopeful this fixes it!

I wouldnt. After the update the engine turns over longer and fires up. Auto start still works the same. I just like a diesel engine when it fires up after a little crank. I had 4 cranks and no fire 4 times in 5000kms. 2021 GMC Sierra
I had the update two weeks ago and knock on wood everything appears to be going fine - no extended cranks. Prior to the update I had about a dozen extended cranks in 3 months and 10k and never went past two weeks without one. I will report back in another couple weeks again but I am hopeful this fixes it!
Did u notice after update the engine turns over alittle longer before firing?

Did u notice after update the engine turns over alittle longer before firing?
Yes it does take an extra second or two to turn over but nothing unusual. I thought that the engine turned over very quickly before the update . Now it seems more like most vehicles I’ve had.

I had mine reflashed on 10/07/21 at 1220 miles. I had two fail to starts before 900 miles on it, now have 2500 miles and no fail to starts. It does seem to crank a little longer to start now.

Can I clear this up? Does it crank longer or wait to crank longer? My truck not re-flashed yet, waits a second or two to start cranking, then it cranks very briefly & starts up.
I assumed this was cause of the Glow Plugs?
Both

481 - 500 of 698 Posts