Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about Performance Accessories 3 Inch Body lift for my 03 2500hd....would this be a safe route just for a cheaper route to go if i cant afford a suspension lift? also, anyone know where some sites mite be that are cheaper than $400? thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I personally don't have one but have thought about it long and hard. If there comes a day when I DO need a lift, this is the way I'm going. It leaves susp. and steering OE and doesn't increase center of mass as much as a susp. lift and is a great deal cheaper than a full quality susp. lift. And ultimately, it achieves the same result - allows bigger wheels and tires for increased ground clearance.

A side benefit, not typically considered by most is the ability to more easily change the charger and run an actual TURBO downpipe that is larger than oe.

The downside is the frame showing. This can be somwhat disguised with step bars though. Also MAKE SURE you use the gap guards and definately raise the bumpers as well.

Thats my 2% of a buck. ;)

C-ya

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
What size tires you wanting to run? I've thought about a 2" Leveling kit and add a leaf in the back. I think they're only about $180. I think I found it at Total performance.com. I'm not a big fan of the body lifts. But if that's the route you're goin for then go for it.

Ryan

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
this totaly of subject,but what is a good lowering kit for my dually,i want to lower it around 2 to 3 inches so the tranny and the rear end are close to the same heigth...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys.....another question is will i lose power if i decide to go with something like a 4 inch Rancho susp lift? Ive heard of guys actually losing power on suspension lifts due to the driveshaft angling so much to the rear axle

·
Dmax 4M 4EVER!
53 Posts
this totaly of subject,but what is a good lowering kit for my dually,i want to lower it around 2 to 3 inches so the tranny and the rear end are close to the same heigth...
I have done this on the older trucks with a rear drop shackle kit...cheap and easy leveling....without any hassles.:drink

the name "belltech" comes to mind...

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
I have done this on the older trucks with a rear drop shackle kit...cheap and easy leveling....without any hassles.:drink

the name "belltech" comes to mind...
thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts