Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i noticed on my 2006 LBZ Gmc DUramax last night a 3 prong plug just like a household plug for a vacume or powerstrip, microwave etc just your standard house hold pug coming out of a hole on the left side under the hood near the headlight ,i followed the wire and it goes into a bundle /wire harness

I have no idea what this plug is for , maybe I have the first ever diesel/electric Durmax Plug in ??HAHA jk but yea not sure what it is
Power plugs and sockets Cable Electronic device Electrical connector Technology

·
Registered
613 Posts
he lives in cali probably never knew. thats for the block heater.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's a Block Heater plug. I wish I lived in your climate and had no idea what it was either !!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Recharges teh muffler pump.

·
Registered
676 Posts
x2, my thoughts exactly

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow thats crazy never knew that exsisted , on my 2004 lb7 I never noticed it does lb7 have em?

yea it is pretty cold here right now about 39-49 degrees at night , which is really cold when surfing in that weather in 55 degree water , our over populated crowds kind of make me wish i lived elsewhere haha

THanks so much great info, so when the truck is off you actually plug that in?? crazy learn something new everyday on this forum CHEERS!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Every duramax has one. And a lot of guys won't bother with them till it gets down to below 15-20 degrees

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Hahahahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using my iPhone

·
Registered
250 Posts
it s for the total electric hybid version !!

great truck that lbz..........miss mine....but love to have the latest body style.....

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
If you plug it into your house and lay a brick on the throttle it will power your house for days... Duramax's are amazing engines.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i noticed on my 2006 LBZ Gmc DUramax last night a 3 prong plug just like a household plug for a vacume or powerstrip, microwave etc just your standard house hold pug coming out of a hole on the left side under the hood near the headlight ,i followed the wire and it goes into a bundle /wire harness

I have no idea what this plug is for , maybe I have the first ever diesel/electric Durmax Plug in ??HAHA jk but yea not sure what it is
View attachment 62811

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
wow...

If you gotta plug it in down there. Guess we should totalled be screwed than up here in Canada..

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
You are the first person to find the block heater plug-- and was not even looking for it.

All the others look for it, and cannot find it-! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
You are the first person to find the block heater plug-- and was not even looking for it.

All the others look for it, and cannot find it-! :rolleyes:
:rof

That's so true! Hahaha!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.