Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Frogman, or anyone else...What do I do next. I have the 30" Totron installed behind the grill and the pigtail ran to the battery with an in line fuse. The wireless remote adapter plugs into itself...do I have to run that to a breaker, put a switch in under the hood for the remote to work? It seems like I'm missing something, but this is all I have. How do I connect the light to the remote box?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Frogman, or anyone else...What do I do next. I have the 30" Totron installed behind the grill and the pigtail ran to the battery with an in line fuse. The wireless remote adapter plugs into itself...do I have to run that to a breaker, put a switch in under the hood for the remote to work? It seems like I'm missing something, but this is all I have. How do I connect the light to the remote box?
You should be good to go.
Red wire to battery positive. Black wire to ground. Grey plug to the light bar. White plug to the remote. All set up - controlled by remote only.
You have the "two plug" style remote module. One end to the wire harness (controlled by remote only) the other end can be plug to the switch (so you can control you light bar by both remote and switch). I tapped the switch to the high beam fuse so I don't have to drill through the firewall.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Mounted my over the past weekend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You should be good to go.
Red wire to battery positive. Black wire to ground. Grey plug to the light bar. White plug to the remote. All set up - controlled by remote only.
You have the "two plug" style remote module. One end to the wire harness (controlled by remote only) the other end can be plug to the switch (so you can control you light bar by both remote and switch). I tapped the switch to the high beam fuse so I don't have to drill through the firewall.
Sk- I wired it straight to the battery (with in line fuse) and grounded it, just to make sure it worked. It does, so now I need to install the remote module. I'm fine with just using the key fob to activate it. Where I'm hung up at is the plugs that came on the module don't fit the pig tail from the light bar, and it has three wires. Do I need to cut the ends off and splice? Do 2 of the wires go to the power, and 1 to the ground? I'm not the greatest at wiring, so I'm probably making it a lot more difficult than needed..

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Sk- I wired it straight to the battery (with in line fuse) and grounded it, just to make sure it worked. It does, so now I need to install the remote module. I'm fine with just using the key fob to activate it. Where I'm hung up at is the plugs that came on the module don't fit the pig tail from the light bar, and it has three wires. Do I need to cut the ends off and splice? Do 2 of the wires go to the power, and 1 to the ground? I'm not the greatest at wiring, so I'm probably making it a lot more difficult than needed..
Did you get the full wiring harness from Totron? If you unplug the switch from the wiring harness, you should be able to plug the remote module right into the slot. Then you can plug the switch to the other end of the remote.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I dumped the Totron switch. It would never work for me. I ran wires to the middle console and put my switch in the little compartment on the drivers side. I never see the switch light and it always works.

·
Registered
109 Posts
All of you guys need to dump the switches as a whole and get the Edge accessory kit and use the Edge CTS2 as your switches. That's what I did this weekend, installed a 12" light bar in front of the trans cooler and put a 30" behind the grille.

For the 12" bar I got the mounts from T-Rex and for the 30" I got the mounts from socalsupertrucks.com

My Edge CTS2 has an on screen digital switch for my light bars. This is the cleanest way to install IMO.

Picture attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
All of you guys need to dump the switches as a whole and get the Edge accessory kit and use the Edge CTS2 as your switches. That's what I did this weekend, installed a 12" light bar in front of the trans cooler and put a 30" behind the grille.

For the 12" bar I got the mounts from T-Rex and for the 30" I got the mounts from socalsupertrucks.com

My Edge CTS2 has an on screen digital switch for my light bars. This is the cleanest way to install IMO.

Picture attached.
Nice. I ended up just linking my wireless totron remote to the homelink button and seems to be working find that way. plus with the remote i have all kinds of different modes to mess with my friends :rof

·
Premium Member
467 Posts

Picture attached.
your 12" bar blocked air to your cooler. Do you notice any diff?

·
Registered
109 Posts
your 12" bar blocked air to your cooler. Do you notice any diff?
The 12" bar still allows adequate airflow to the transmission cooler, which is specifically why I chose this size. It still has about 4" of space between the light bar and the bumper on each end.

My transmission temperatures have not increased.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
The 12" bar still allows adequate airflow to the transmission cooler, which is specifically why I chose this size. It still has about 4" of space between the light bar and the bumper on each end.

My transmission temperatures have not increased.
Good to know. Thx.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Picture attached.
Did you get the 12v power supply kit when you got yours? I was just planning on tapping fog log light power wire for signal and running a relay for mine so I could fire them off the fog lights. I have the rigid fogs and trex grill with 2 12" bars. Been debating fabbing in a 20" in front of the trans cooler aswell

·
Registered
109 Posts
Did you get the 12v power supply kit when you got yours? I was just planning on tapping fog log light power wire for signal and running a relay for mine so I could fire them off the fog lights. I have the rigid fogs and trex grill with 2 12" bars. Been debating fabbing in a 20" in front of the trans cooler aswell
Yes. I have the power supply kit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
what all was included in that power supply kit?
P/N I got is 98609. Comes with everything needed to install it onto your CTS2 including the starter kit.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I have a '15 SLT. I put a small Rigid SR10 bar in my trans cooler opening. I wanted something there to fill the hole somewhat, and protect the cooler a little bit. I went with a single row under the assumption that it would still allow most if not all of the air to the cooler that reached it before. I ran the wiring up to the driver's side of the engine bay. I grounded the light to one of the small 45 degree angle bracket bolts near the headlight. I used a fuse tap with male spade underneath the high beam fuse. I soldered a female spade onto the power wire for the light. It comes on with my brights and works perfect.. I wouldn't want my light bar coming on with my fog lights. I'm not the kind of guy who drives around with my fog lights on.. In fact I rarely use them. But when I do use them, it's usually in a situation where I am meeting other traffic in fog. I feel like these light bars are far too bright to use in a situation where other cars are around. I can flick my brights off pretty quick if I see another vehicle's headlights coming my way. Just throwing it in here, for anybody who doesn't want to run wires into the cab for a switch.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures of where they placed switches? I am wanting four switches one for each (front,rear,left, and right) yes I have a few lights

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just installed my 30" rigid midnight edition light bar behind the grill and rigid d2 fog lights. Super happy with Rigids products minus the price tag. Lights are amazing. I had to angle down the fog lights because I was blinding oncoming traffic. They are similar to the brightness of my morimoto HIDs.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 125 Posts