Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...has anyone actually ever used 3000K HID's in fog? Because someone told me that they were made for that specifically....and with my new Iron Bull bumper I have 4 fog light holes, and I was thinking of doing 5K all around for everything else and optional 3K's for fog...any input?

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
Got mine and I love 'em. Much better in adverse conditions than the 5000k

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
Must be that fine WSU education eh? :D

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
At what level do you get more towards "white" light. I am a little more partial to whiter light than blue. Not meaning to derail thread here....

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
i have them in mine. they're retarded bright and make everything super clear. i will neevr use anything else for fogs.

ask dmaxchris about mine hes seen them in person

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
At what level do you get more towards "white" light. I am a little more partial to whiter light than blue. Not meaning to derail thread here....
4300k is perfectly white. thats whats in my lows. 6000k is a little blue but not bad

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
4300k is pure white with a slight yellow tint, and 5000k (like mine in pic above) are pure white with a slight blue tint.

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
Dang, too slow lol.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
thats a little better but not great. those housings ply with the color. out housings are much more clear then those

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
stickler! :D don't go over 6K is my rule of thumb....
ok i can agree with that.

after 6k you start to loose visibility.

if you want the absolute best visibility 3k is where its at. if you want the brightest 4300k is where its at

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I have a 6K in the headlight of my superduke KTM street bike. LOVE IT. I had 12k's in my old ford. HOLY CRAP they were just blue. Bright yes, pelple bitched but they didn't light up anything. Went to 10K's and was better but 6-8K would be my pick. Wish i could do 6K in High's and Lows and do yellow fogs.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
I have a 6K in the headlight of my superduke KTM street bike. LOVE IT. I had 12k's in my old ford. HOLY CRAP they were just blue. Bright yes, pelple bitched but they didn't light up anything. Went to 10K's and was better but 6-8K would be my pick. Wish i could do 6K in High's and Lows and do yellow fogs.
wait till you see my fogs. your gonna be like HOLY F*CK

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's settled then....I think I'm doing 3000K fogs in a set of my holes with a toggle.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts