Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I safely run a set of 305/70/R16 BFG All Terrains on my stock 16x6.5 aluminum wheels? Will these fit under my truck with just a Cognito UCA leveling kit? Anyone have any pics of a similar set up? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
no, and no.

tires may fit the truck with some trimming, but you need wider wheels. 285's are the very limit...acually a little too wide for stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
no, and no.

tires may fit the truck with some trimming, but you need wider wheels. 285's are the very limit...acually a little too wide for stock wheels.
wrong answer, ive run 315 75 16's on pyo's and know many people who have with no problems. so YES they will clear with a leveling kit but you may have to do some minor trimming to the plastic!:)

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Not recommended....Just because you can make them fit doesn't make is a safe combination....

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Too wide of a tire for the factory wheels. Yes you can run 305's with the Cognito Kit. I will post pictures of my set up later on as i run 305's with a Cognito kit. I found the tires do rub when going onto the road from the field at more than 5mph. it only hits at the back of the wheel liner though. I can also post a pic where mine hit to.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i have 305/70/16 bfg's on my stockers and they run smaller than my 285 nitto's. They fit fine and i use them as my drag strip wheel/tire combo. no issues. do it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
im running 305/60r16 on mine the only prob i have is the right tire somtimes grabs the bumper fairing while backing up and turnng the wheel but im gonna trim the bumper to clear it when it gets warmer and i get my hands on a belt sander

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not recommended....Just because you can make them fit doesn't make is a safe combination....
Wow this is impressive. It is completely safe to run 305s on stock wheels. Hell there are multiple people (4-7) in my town running 37x13.50s on stock Z71 wheels for years with zero problems

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was clearing 285 75 16 with stock wheels and stock suspension, just had to turn up my torsion bars a lil bit, But i upgraded to a CCM Offroad, 2.5 -3 inch Torsion Key and Rear Block Lift now i got 315 75 16;s on my stock wheels, looks and fits good, rides nice, and it was cheap, got some pics on my profile,,,

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Wow this is impressive. It is completely safe to run 305s on stock wheels. Hell there are multiple people (4-7) in my town running 37x13.50s on stock Z71 wheels for years with zero problems
some of these guys here are acting like re-tards.. like there speaking of no experience! run the tire! dont be scared:gearjamin

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was running 305 buckshots on stocks with leveling kit. They did rub a lil while turned hard and hitting a hole or bump.

·
Registered
310 Posts
some of these guys here are acting like re-tards.. like there speaking of no experience! run the tire! dont be scared:gearjamin
so do have experience with 305s blowing out when ran on a stock wheel? 305s will never pose any problems on stock 16s. Just out of curiosity what size tire did you run on your stock wheels????

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yeah, what the hell do tire companies know about tires :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
no, and no.

I agree with both of you guys. People take there chances on tires way too often these days.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah, what the hell do tire companies know about tires :rolleyes:
I completely understand that it is not recommended because it will effect the wear, and ride of the tire but it is not like its gonna blow off the rim. Now if you want stupid Ive seen 40x13.50 Goodyear Wranglers on stock Z71 17s before and they were completely driveable but that i admit is dangerous.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
so do have experience with 305s blowing out when ran on a stock wheel? 305s will never pose any problems on stock 16s. Just out of curiosity what size tire did you run on your stock wheels????
315 75 16 dynapro mt's. till they wor slap out and i can name about ... 100 people who have done it also! ive got YOUR back buddy!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
whats the odds of a problem with a 305 on a 16? seriously come on guys!

·
Registered
310 Posts
315 75 16 dynapro mt's. till they wor slap out and i can name about ... 100 people who have done it also! ive got YOUR back buddy!
didnt mean to be offensive sounding just using you as an example that nobody has experience with blowing out 305s on stock rims and they are very safe and completely reasonable as far as fender clearance.

·
Registered
310 Posts
by the way Cooter your truck looks Wicked! have u ever considered Halo lights they would look sick on your truck

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
thank ya buddy, none taken! im with ya! they got all hush hush now!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts