Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think ? I'm putting on a leveling kit and rim spacers. I need feed back can I do it without too much rubbing ?

Thanks Fsih

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
you will need to do some cutting on the inner fender to make it work but if you do a 2in lift everything clears..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but where on the fender back near the door or the bumper ? Will it clear everthing lock to lock

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
also if you run mudflaps they will rub on there also one of the only almost stock 3/4ton GM trucks that i put 315's was a 04 GMC and all he did was the leveling kit and had the bumper mover forward a 1/2 in. and everything worked great on it,all the others had atleast 2in. lifts....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have you done this mod yet? I am betting it is not going to clear. I have 35's with an 8" and it rubs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the tires will fit but with the spacers it might rub when u turn a 315/60/16 is 31.5 inch tall and almost 13 inchs wide you may have to trim the plastic inner fender well for turning clearance with the spacers

·
The Outcast Goat
592 Posts
I have 315-75-16 on stock wheels and the fit fine. All I have is the torsion bars cranked way up and the bottom part of the plastic part of the bumper cut a little. Rubs a little on full lock but thats about it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
"the tires will fit but with the spacers it might rub when u turn a 315/60/16 is 31.5 inch tall and almost 13 inchs wide you may have to trim the plastic inner fender well for turning clearance with the spacers"

I THINK HE IS TALKING ABOUT A 315/75r16 THIS IS A 34.6" TALL TIRE THAT WILL FIT WITH A SET OF KEYWAYS AND A LITTLE CUTTING

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
If you are trying to put 315/75r16's on a new body with after market wheels it's not going to fit. If you are going to use a factory wheel it might be possible but you will have your front suspension so far turned up it will ride like crap(top out) and you will need to do a very large amount of trimming. Some guys will do it but after buying a 50k truck I just can't see putting 15lbs. in a 10lbs sack.

Nor-Cal Nick

·
Registered
137 Posts
HEY WE DID THIS TO MY TRUCK. WE RAN SOME 315/75r16 BFG ALL TERRAINS ON STOCK RIMS AND THEY CLEARED WITH SOME KEYWAYS AND VERY MINOR TRIMMING IN THE BACK OF THE FRONT FENDER WELL NEAR THE CAB. IF U WANT AN AFTERMARKET RIM IT WILL HAVE TO B A 17X9 ON 315/70r17 WITH NO A WHOLD LOT OF BACKSPACING. THATS THE ONLY TWO WAYS I KNOW IT WILL FIT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts