Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help I went to discount tire to price some wheels and tires for my LML that I am in the process of leveling. When I told them I wanted the 33x12.50x22 Toyo M/T's, discount told me they could not sell me those tires mounted and ballanced because they did not meet the required load range for the truck. Is this true? I see people all over the fourm with them, and if it is true where did you purchase your wheels and tires from?

Thanks ahead for any input.

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Tell them you want a 325-50-22 and they will shut up lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha they are wanting to sell me the trail grapplers 285/55/22 but I know I can't fit that on a 22x11 with -24. They Toyos are Load Range E, but the load and speed are only 109Q (whatever that means) and the factory tires are like 118Q (I think)

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
I'd tell them to shut up and sell me my tires or go somewhere else discount doesn't care the small tire shops will bend over backwards for you to try and bring you back to them

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Yeah. Discount is cool and all with free lifetime rotate and balance if you buy tires from them and what not, but they really are by the book. I went to get a screw takin out of my front tire today and told them to go ahead and do a rotate and balance while they were at it. I went to let them know that the bag lug nuts were a different thread pitch because of the spacers and they immediately said if they took the tires and wheels off, that they wouldn't remount them due to the spacers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The 285/55/22 trails are noticeably larger, im also going 33/12.5/22 on my LML except on x12s

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am a fan of the lifetime rotation and balance. I have always done business with them in the past. There is a small offroad shop where I am located and he just recently purchased everything to mount and balance tires. I am going to check with him, he posted on his FB page that he will mount and balance tires that the other "discount" stores will not do. It raised a lot of controversy since he purchased all his wheel and tire combos from discount. On another note discount said they would sell me the wheels and tires but wouldn't mount them on the truck, but I am assuming that leaves out the lifetime rotate and balance.

DuraMAXX7 a buddy of mine had the same issue on his dually. He was running spacers and discount mounted the inside wheel and threw the other 2 in the bed of his truck for him to mount.

Peryton676 you going to be lifted or leveled?

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Talk to your local shop about throwing life time rotate and balance in my local shop adds it for 50$ thats about the price of 1 rot and balance

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Talk to your local shop about throwing life time rotate and balance in my local shop adds it for 50$ thats about the price of 1 rot and balance
Good idea. I will have to try that...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just leveled

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hurry and do it! I have been contemplating on running 22x12, but I haven't seen any really good pictures of it. I'm still debating on what to do.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's a loadrange e tire.... Im not sure how it wouldn't meet any load requirement 109 / 2270 per

We are talking m/t right?

·
Registered
157 Posts
:help I went to discount tire to price some wheels and tires for my LML that I am in the process of leveling. When I told them I wanted the 33x12.50x22 Toyo M/T's, discount told me they could not sell me those tires mounted and ballanced because they did not meet the required load range for the truck. Is this true? I see people all over the fourm with them, and if it is true where did you purchase your wheels and tires from?

Thanks ahead for any input.
And ifyouwant a good place to order mounted and balanced pm me

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's a loadrange e tire.... Im not sure how it wouldn't meet any load requirement 109 / 2270 per

We are talking m/t right?
It meets the load range but discount is looking at the load/speed which is lower that what the truck comes with factory. Very frustrating. I will be sending you a PM shortly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What is their price? MRwheeldeal will sell me 33/12.5r22 for 400 a peice to my door. ToyoMT

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We never spoke price, the guy helping me raised his eyebrows and I asked "they must be expensive" and he replied back "oh yeah". He then asked his boss about the load/speed rating and his boss said we cannot mount them on my truck. We had a few small words back and forth and I walked out. If I am going to be spending a good amount of money on wheels and tires I would like to be able to at least have them rotated and balanced. No one around me is rolling on 22s and 33s and me being me, I like to be different so I will not settle for 20s.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can rotate them myself without a problem, but if they were to ever become unbalanced I wouldn't like to pay a small shop or someone to balance them, or even fix a flat. Guess I'm just asking for to much maybe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't blame you, but I get out and rotate my tires and my oil and maintence. I dont need some high school kid with a snapon impact on a set of American Forces.

Your options are Toyos and the Fuel Grippers, look indentical

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know what you mean. I perform everything else on my own, whats it matter to rotate them. Most likely end up going that route.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts