Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I run a 35" spare tire in the event that I have a blow out with 37" tires?
I know to put it on the front so I don't mess up my rear end. But will it handle really oddly?
I have 35's right now so I have a full spare, but don't wanna have to buy a 37" tire for my spare rim if I don't have to when I bolt my 37's on for summer

·
Registered
69 Posts
Where are you gonna fit it?

I couldn't fit a stock H2 wheel and tire in the stock location, on my truck, and that's a 34.5" tire.

Unless there's some trick I don't know about.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Box of the truck is the only place. I don't have that POS spare tire hanger anymore anyhow, and 5" exhaust makes for not much room under there

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump.. Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I'd check around the used tire places and try to pick up a used 37. That far of a difference is going to put a lot of undue stress on drive line components.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,682 Posts
i dont see whynot, i mean i would agree it might be a good idea to find a used 37 but are you keeping the 35s for winter and 37s for summer? In that case what if your in your winter setup with 35s and the same thing happens and you have a 37" spare?!?!?!

id stick with a 35" spare

i mean, its a spare to get you home or to a nearby tire shop in the event of a tire failure

its not like you would be driving on it forever like some of the people i see with the little black spares from their trunks :cookoo[1]:

what you might want to invest in, for your roadside recovery kit is maybe one or two bottle jacks with like an 18" max height lift, JUST IN CASE

so in the event of a rear blow out or flat you can lift it without any hassle and switch the front tire with the 35" and move the front 37 to the rear

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
man if you want a 37 for a spare i have one you can have. There isnt much tread left but still works. Then sell you 35's as a set if you want. Let me know next time your in Regina!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts