Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to the whole lifted truck, diesel scene.

i was curious if i could clear 35's with a little cutting and grinding? i have a 02 duramax 2500hd. i currently have 285 75 16's on there right now.

i was also curious how much lift would i need to clear 37" tires? sry for the newb questions.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
well with the 37" tires you will need atleast a 6" lift,you can fit a 35" tire with a 2" lift if you wanted to....hope this helps
ps have you decided what tires you are going with,and are you buying aftermarket wheels?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have some aftermarket wheels already. im not sure what they are though. i will have to look when it's light outside.

i saw a truck today with a 8" lift and 37s i tink i wanna go that route now.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you want 35's you will have to go with 6" lift. Fords can fit 37's/6".

If you go bigger than 6" i think you have to change out you drive shafts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I know its a whole different setup but Im clearing 35x13.50 tires with a 5.5'' lift on my 96 chev 1500

·
Registered
7 Posts
you cant fit 35s with a leveling kit. i have a pro comp 2.5in leveling kit and i can clear
33s fine. you need a 6in lift to clear 35s with no trimming

·
Registered
591 Posts
Actually a lot of people clear 35's by just cranking the bars all the way up. I run 33's stock with out any cranking whatsoever and no rubbing either.

·
Registered
72 Posts

35s with just ready lift keys

·
Registered
245 Posts
do you have any more pictures of your truck with 35's and just the readylift keys i have the same set up and want to run 35 inch tires. how much did you have to trim and is there any rubbing on the upper control arms or e brake cables or anything like that?

·
Jank-A-Lank
1,339 Posts

35's with stock keys maxed out, putting on cognito UCAs and new torsion keys cause mine are worn.

trimmed and cut. but i think it fills out the fenders better than any other combo.

·
Public Enemy #1
5,295 Posts
Damn.

These trucks are clean.

Subscribing.

I'm guessing you can do the same on a dually??

Hmm

May be going this route for the next set of tires.

·
Jank-A-Lank
1,339 Posts
Damn.

These trucks are clean.

Subscribing.

I'm guessing you can do the same on a dually??

Hmm

May be going this route for the next set of tires.
yessir my buddy is running 35s on his 05, he has them on 16s though, looks pretty sick. best picture i got.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
with the right offset and backspacing you can clear 35s if youre cranked and trimmed, on a 6" lift youll clear 35s with ease and can crank the bars hard and trim to clear 37s, better off doing an 8" if you want the 37"s though

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts

35s with just ready lift keys
Can you also show some pics of where and how you trimmed possibly. Also pm me real quick so we can talk. Thanks

·
Registered
818 Posts
I run 35's on just keys and just trimmed the black plastic inner fender, I dont run any mud flaps on the front, doesn't look like anyone does, going down to 33's for winter cause i have them from my old truck, I am gonnna do a 7inch bds kit one of these days with the keys and rear 2 inch blocks i am told I should be able to clear 37's maybe 38's

·
Registered
245 Posts
how are your cv angles? and how is the ride?
is anyone running 35 inch tires with a leveling kit on a 2001?

·
Registered
818 Posts
cv angles are not great and neither is the ride i have the shock extensions in but it still seems more rigid.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What offset and backspace are you guys using to clear 35s with a leveling kit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts