Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm running 305/70-17 tires with NO rub at all. They are close to rubbing, but the only thing they would hit is the Ebrake cable and that plastic on the wheel well. So I'm thinking of going to either a Nitto Trail MT which is technically 13.2 inches wide...and 34.84 high...with a tread depth of 21/32.. Now the Kumho KL71 is 12.7 wide and 34.6 high...with a tread depth of 18.5/32 ....and if anyone knows anything about tread depth, you would know that an extra 2.5/32 is about 5-8 thousand miles of extra wear. So do I take my chances and get the Nittos and hope they aren't too wide? Or do I get the Kumhos??

Also keep in mind that I have an Ironbull bumper, so I'm not worried about modifications to the front....

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
go with the nittos! Roll the dice, you can always resort to the cut off wheel.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is it rubbing off of?? The frame? Or plastic?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
probably the rocker

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cuz right now my tires don't even come close to the rockers...... I'm actually also considering the Goodyear Duratracs.....they seem to get AMAZING reviews.....

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i had goodyear send me a new tire. two tires took less than a half ounce to balance, one took 3 and the other took 6.5. I had them send me a new one. its here :D

The rocker is where i run into issues because im at stock t-bar height. Im just going to deal with it. I am not sure where he would be rubbing with a 6 inch lift.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
you have an ironbull bumper?i wanna see pics
and i wanna see pic of it with the new tires :drink

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
They will fit but you will have to do some trimmin with the nittos but that's what I would go with!

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you have an ironbull bumper?i wanna see pics
and i wanna see pic of it with the new tires :drink
Well it's being made right now, and it will be here in about 2 weeks.....

They will fit but you will have to do some trimmin with the nittos but that's what I would go with!
After doing some measurements, I don't think I'll be able to pull of a 13.2 inch wide tires....the duratracs/kumhos are only 12.5/12.7....another half inch might be a bit too much.

I have the money to get a lift...but I hear SOOO many people complain that they hate their lift.....I just can't justify spending the money for a looks only mod...esp. since it would be like $1600.00 installed.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I don't think 13.5 will fit. Mine are 12.5. I just think kuhmos are better for lo profile tires and the nittos will ride/look better

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Honestly I am in a debate with myself about my lift. Take it off and level or leave it on

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
screw a lift!

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think lifted trucks look 100% awesome, and everytime I see a truck with one I get slightly jealous.....but it seems that everyone who has a lift is wanting to take it off. All I know is I need to sport 35 inch tires to make my bumper, etc... actually look half decent.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i love my lift. just put it on and o don't forsee me every taking it off.... 35 will be a tight fit i had rubbing issues with my 33's before the lift

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had 33's before, with no rub, and the 34's I have right now have no rub either...plus I don't have to worry about a front bumper with the Ironbull.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok...I def. think I'm going with the Nitto Trail MT tires.....they are a bit wide and big, but after the thread with the 38's on a stock truck, I dont' see why I couldn't get mine to fit with a leveling kit and new front bumper. My tires might stick out a bit, but I actually kinda like that look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts