Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m about to pull the trigger on a 2021 2500 Denali... I’m debating between 37 x 12.50 and 37 x 13.50.
I will be putting a 3 inch level on the truck.... anyone have any idea how bad the scrubbing is on either of these tire options? Is any trimming required?
thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I run 35s on my ‘19 with a 3” lift level and rub at full turn. I’m not sure you’ll fit a 37” unless the ‘20 has that much of a bigger wheel well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are you getting an offset wheel? My quests is you’ll need to at least cut the valance

·
Registered
709 Posts
Your going to lose a lot of power unless you plan on regearing with a 37 tire.
The companies that sell lift kits should have a reference for what you need to get 37s under it.
Maybe someone here has done it and will chime in.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I test drove a 2020 with a 37x12.50 and it did rub on the carpet liners but nothing crazy. If you’re going to put the 37s on the OEM wheel I would do a 12.50 instead of the 13.50. I’m running a 37x12.50 on my 2016 woth OEM wheels and I barely have clearance on my UCA’s. A 13.50 would of rubbed for sure unless I ran a wheel spacer.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Your going to lose a lot of power unless you plan on regearing with a 37 tire.
The companies that sell lift kits should have a reference for what you need to get 37s under it.
Maybe someone here has done it and will chime in.
The new 10 speed transmission will take up some of the slack over the old 6 speed. Night and day difference. The 37's esp with the 13.5 will require cutting and offset which then throws rocks etc down the side of the truck. Good Luck wish you the best.

·
Registered
2020 3500HD High Country (Single Rear Wheel Axle)
7 Posts
I’m about to pull the trigger on a 2021 2500 Denali... I’m debating between 37 x 12.50 and 37 x 13.50.
I will be putting a 3 inch level on the truck.... anyone have any idea how bad the scrubbing is on either of these tire options? Is any trimming required?
thanks in advance!!
I just put 35x12.50 (neg 18 offset) on 20 inch wheels on my stock suspension 2020 3500HD and got quite a bit of rub. I ended up having to remove the front mud flaps, and the mounting bracket that held them in place. Pushed back the fibrous wheel well material to avoid rubbing at full turn. I didn't answer your question directly but I am willing to bet based on my recent experience that with a 37x13.5 that a three inch lift wont be enough by itself. I had not taken off the stock mud flaps yet in this photo.

TRUCK.jpeg

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
128 Posts
I just put 35x12.50 (neg 18 offset) on 20 inch wheels on my stock suspension 2020 3500HD and got quite a bit of rub. I ended up having to remove the front mud flaps, and the mounting bracket that held them in place. Pushed back the fibrous wheel well material to avoid rubbing at full turn. I didn't answer your question directly but I am willing to bet based on my recent experience that with a 37x13.5 that a three inch lift wont be enough by itself. I had not taken off the stock mud flaps yet in this photo.

View attachment 1083940
What size wheel? As in width.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a video of this exact wheel and tire set on youtube being put on a Duramax 3500HD that indicates that you can put the 35x13.50 neg 12 offset on a 20x10 wheel on stock suspension without and rub..its total BS

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
128 Posts
There is a video of this exact wheel and tire set on youtube being put on a Duramax 3500HD that indicates that you can put the 35x13.50 neg 12 offset on a 20x10 wheel on stock suspension without and rub..its total BS
That sucks man, do you think if you level it, it will clear? Or is it that far off? From my research, most stick with a 20x9 on a stock height truck, with a +offset

·
Registered
7 Posts
After I removed the mud flaps and the mounting brackets for the mud flaps, I zip tied the wheel well material far enough back that it finally cleared the tires at full turning radius. I am happy. I plan to tow my fifth wheel so I didnt want to lift my truck

·
Registered
2021 Denali HD
128 Posts
After I removed the mud flaps and the mounting brackets for the mud flaps, I zip tied the wheel well material far enough back that it finally cleared the tires at full turning radius. I am happy. I plan to tow my fifth wheel so I didnt want to lift my truck
Kelderman I believe makes a replacement mud flap cap for the front, that is supposedly notched to clear bigger wheels. But it isn’t cheap...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Show off motorsports has a mud flap delete too. It’s like $350.

·
Registered
695 Posts
That sucks man, do you think if you level it, it will clear? Or is it that far off? From my research, most stick with a 20x9 on a stock height truck, with a +offset
No it will not clear. The 12.5 will but just barely. My SIL has a 2021 and I have the 2020 they both have the factory wheels and 35x12.5-20 ridge runners. His has a slight rub mine does not both are stock suspensions. Difference is mine had the HD front end and his does not. Guess that option has something to do with it. This is the text he sent me yesterday..

"Just the tiniest edge rubbing there. Pretty close to the frame though. Definitely going to look into the leveling kit, should provide plenty more clearance without any cutting."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts