Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall.
I am in to power and drivability too, really. But I must have 37;s fit my truck.
Has any one heard of a way to make a 37" tire work under a 03 silverado 2500 with a six inch lift?

I want to put the KMC 22"X12" wheels with the kumho mud terrains, they are 13.5 can I do it?
thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
cut out flares are the most common. the more taboo and highly not recomended is a body lift and then there are the pre-runner fenders and bed sides. on my truck im planing on buying the pre runner fenders and side with a torsion key lift should be able to fit 35's

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, Cut indeed!
You can fit 35s with a 4 inch suspension lift
My truck is great feels like im ready for a race with 20 degree corners off the light, but it is with a price.
lets face it with a 2 inch leveling kit you can clear 35s with a dodge and a ford, but it takes a 3k dollar fab tech 8 inch lift kit to "safely clear 37s"
I love the handeling with its facny ass tortion bars, but for gods sake, what do I got to do to throw the 37s on there?????

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a 2001 GMC 1/2 ton 4x4. WIth a 6 inch lift and bushwacker cut-out flares I had 37" Pro comp X terrains on a mickey thompson 16x8's, i could safely clear them. SO since you have a 2500HD they are taller than a half ton so you should be if you do bushwacker cut-outs. But the only downside to the cutouts is you cant go back to stock once you start hogging out metal!! I then added a 12" FTS lift and a 3" body lift and put 42'x 13x 20 on the half ton.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you think that because the wheels you had were only 8 inch's wide it made a difference than the 12 inch wheels Im looking at?

·
Registered
310 Posts
remember the wider or more offset the wheel the further fowerd and backward in the wheel well the tire wheel combo will travel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It depends on the backpacing of the wheel. I guess all you can do is try lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts