Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So looking at a Ltd dually 370k 4x4 loaded 18000 any input would be great appears to be Wuused to tow campers thanks

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
18k is ridiculous. What year? That package is 07+. you can get an 06 with 1/4 that mileage for around the same price.

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
If it's clean that's actually below book by up to close to 10k depending on what it has/doesn't have. But that doesn't mean it's worth it. If it's from a dealer and has a warranty that helps, how all the fluids look helps too. Is front end tight or are joints ready to be replaced? Are they good units or were cheepos slapped on there? Anything with mileage like that, hopefully you'll be bringing to a mechanic to have it checked out thoroughly, REAL thoroughly.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
No way would I pay 18,000 for a truck that has towed trailers for 370,000 miles! I'd keep looking if it were me.

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
I'm amazed what that mileage will "Book" at. KBB is stupid, but NADA still is up there. I checked it out and it does LOOK clean.

I have to say, that mileage is a put off, but for 4 years, that's for sure most all Highway which IS easier. These are meant to tow. If it was done without pushing it (Why you check it out) it won't be detrimental. I walked from super deals cause of a snowplow, but My truck had a 5th wheel and it was never a concern.

Does that guy deal high mileage trucks? He has a 320K 3500 too.

If it's what I was looking for, and I could afford a some wear items being replaced I would have it THOROUGHLY checked out, before just writing it off. But that's just me, I've had gassers I took well beyond 300K.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
way to much money dude

·
Registered
872 Posts
I would never pay 18 k for a truck with close to 400,000 miles on it. You can get the same truck with like 150,000 for like 25,000

·
Registered
263 Posts
i wouldnt give 10 grand for it,m but thats just me. there is pleanty of these truck out there with decent price tags with no whre near that kinda of mileage

1 - 13 of 13 Posts