Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know running 14 wides especially with 375/45s is a lot of weight spaced out to be putting on the hubs. But I snapped 2 hubs within a week. I was told they were upgraded HD hubs, I’m looking into going with kryptonite hubs. But wanted to make sure I didn’t have to upgrade anything else a long with it. Currently running, kryptonite tied rods, along with their balljoints. Stock control arms, stock cv axels although both of them have been replaced with new axels. 7” Mcgaughy’s lift. I was running the wheels and tires on a “leveled” truck with the keys turned up with stock hubs and axels at about a 45 degree angle for about a month before the lift went on. No issues. The lift made everything straight so can’t see it being the lift. I think it was just bad hubs and possibly due to it being out of alignment? Please help almost totaled the truck when the last hub snapped don’t wanna take have to go through another insurance claim

·
Registered
422 Posts
The truth of the matter is you are going to continue to have problems. You have modified it quite a bit. Kind of like getting into the engine---if you play sometimes you have got to pay. Been there done that. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts