Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a quote for $450 today from a local recommended tint shop to install 3M paint protection on the painted front bumper and the painted strips below the headlight lenses on my 2015 Denali HD. Is this price reasonable?

Also, should I have 3M installed on the front hood edge as well?

3,000 miles on the new truck and already have at least 3 stone chips on the bumper and one stone chip on the windshield.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i would do everything you mentioned and have them do a strip just above the windshield. My truck was vinyl wrapped to clor match the front so i don't worrie about it, but i will be having the rockers 3M'd wheel to wheel

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Question is....how hard is it really to put this on, because you can find these kits for about 250 -280 bucks online.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have you ever considered using a spray on gloss clear rubberized coating? Eastwood has developed a product they call Elastiwrap which is a spray on coating that comes in 100s of colors as well as clear. It can be easily removed buy simply peeling it off. This product is similar to Plasti-dip but in my experience with both this is a superior product. Here is a youtube video using it as a paint bra on a hood. You can buy a spray can for about $13 so even if you have to respray it every year you are still money ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Rax-zHIrg

BTW, I use this gloss clear on my Silverado headlights, it acts as a UV protectant for the clear plastic lens and keeps them from turning cloudy. If it gets damaged I just peel it off and respray them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.