Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm confused. I am experiencing a "whistle" noise from under the hood, and the mechanic
said it sounded like it was coming from the turbo-charger. A possible fix would be to replace
the PCV valve(s). From experiences with other vehicles, I figured I could easily do that myself.
However when I got under the hood and researched on line, I'm not sure my Duramax even has PCV
valves. If I try to find PCV valves online for my truck, I get nothing. I removed the necessary
components in order to trace the hoses from the turbo down to the valve covers, and then removed
the single bolt that holds the end of the hoses in place. No PCV valve there (at least what I would
expect to see). There is this part (found on
Camera lens Digital camera Point-and-shoot camera Camera accessory Camera

Merchant-Automotive web site) called a PCV valve kit.
Can someone please help my confusion?

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
960 Posts
The picture you have is of the PCV valve. It bolts to the valve cover just under where you took the hose off. Now your whistle is not coming from the PCV i can pretty much assure you that. You have a boost or exhaust leak somewhere making the whistle.

Reactions: BlownL36
1 - 2 of 2 Posts