Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m almost set on buying a cognito 4-6 inch lift. I want to keep it set low at 4” (torsion bars set at stock setting) I am reading about the front drive shaft being an issue which is an expensive part in its self. I’m hoping someone on here might have some insight on this kit including experience with the cv style front shaft. I’m open to other options for the lift kit I’m just looking for a smooth ride and 35s the truck is leveled with torsion keys turned up now and it rides rough IMO. Front end is all fresh moog upper and lower ball joints krytonite tie rods new factory UCAs moog pitman and idler arm pretty much everything minus a aftermarket center link. Any information or help on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Former GM Tech and parts
3,022 Posts
I can't say for sure as none of my trucks have ever had a lift, but there are A LOT of these trucks running around on a 4-6in lift for the driveshaft to be an issue. I do work on a truck for a guy that has like a 6 or 7in BDS (I think) lift on it, and I don't remember it being any different than the ones from my stock height trucks. And by work on, I mean I've pulled the t-case a couple times, I've pulled the trans, I pulled the engine after he exploded it, and put the new engine together (short-block built at machine shop) and reassembled the truck, so I've had my hands on it a fair amount. But I don't believe the front driveshaft is different

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
adding 4 inches to the height would change the drive shaft length by about 0.25", i would not worry about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts