Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased this exhaust and it appears to only be front pipe back, i have an 03. Can I do 4" from the turbo back or is it necisarry?

Thanks in advance :drink

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
usually all "kits" are Front Pipe Back, if you want a DP, they're gonna be 3" (like the one that Diamond Eye makes) and it's a great addition to your truck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
let me know how it was to install looking at the same kit!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything was super simple to install the only challange was lineing up the tail pipes which i'm still not extremely happy with, but then again i'm no expert at this stuff, kinda learning as i go. and spare tire removal is necissary.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i did mine still have spare tire

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I had the dual 4" from DE; it sounded good, by was a royal pain in the arse to install. I had it apart three times, had to trim some parts, and it still looked like crap when I was done. I called DE to ask how it should be installed and was basically told that I was an idiot and they never had anyone have any problems, thanks for calling goodbye!
Never was happy with it, probably won't by another DE product.
Hope yours turns out better.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
davek any chance you can post some pics of it I want to see if mine's a little bit different? is yours crew cab short box?

and JFK i know what you mean on how it looks my two tail pipes still don't look right to me, my buddy says its fine but they still bother me. I even trimmed some shit made a couple custom pipes.... Dono though about having a shop try and play around with it see if they can fix it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
^^ Yeah, I ended up cutting of about 6-8" just to get it close. Hope you get it the way you want it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts