Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 and have reprogramed with a Hypertech. Since I use the stage 3 exclusively (95 hp increase setting), I put a Summit 4" exhaust system on it. It resonated in the cab so horribly I had to put a Donaldson muffler on the size of garbage can. Still frustrated with terrible sound resonating in the cab I had an MBRP 4" system installed. Now I'm worse off and $600 poorer. How the heck do you get rid of horrible resonating sound in the cab. I don't want it to sound like a honda, but I'd like to be able to hear my radio. I'd also like to avoid going back to stock.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Do you have bigger tires on? (need to know the RPM you are experiencing it at) I have mine straight piped and I only get a drone at 2200 rpms. (about 72mph) Other than that, I only can tell it is straight piped while I am driving in town....on the highway it is only slightly louder..barely noticeable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same tires as you have actually. Resonates at between 1700 and 2200 RPM which is pretty much driving at 35 - 45 MPH or on the freeway at 55 - 65 MPH.

I talked to MBRP and they said I need a "resonator". A product they sell that cuts into the system under the passeger seat about 18" long. Having one installed today.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Sounds like what the guy at the muffler shop did...he had a different brand system though. He said he still had some resinance, but it was better after installing the resinator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts