Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at 107 pages on 2015s I think I decided on getting a 4 inch lift for my 2015 Denali 2500hd which is on order. What are all my options for 4 inch lifts? I've seen ranchos, cognitos and ready lifts. Which lift has the best ride quality? Which lift is the easiest on front axles? I plan on installing aftermarket wheels 20x 9 with around a +10 to +20 offset. I'm not a fan of wheels sticking way out. Would like to install a 34 to 35 inch tire. Will I have vibration at higher speeds in 4wd with a 4 inch lift? Sorry for all the questions. New to Gmc. I'm hoping to have close to factory ride. Any help with my decision would be awesome!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a 4" Rancho, 35" Nittos, it rides very well for a lifted truck. I installed airbags in the rear with Firestone spacers and there is no vibration at all.I have had it over 100 a few times and nice and smooth. The only thing I notice is when snow packs in on the wheel it does vibrate. I did upgrade the shocks to the Rancho 9000xl too

Reactions: ah1502

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sub for results interested in 4 inch lifts my self

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a leveling kit but wasn't happy with the ride off road, the ride was very stiff. i installed a 4-6" Cognition and very happy now.

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Look at the bds 4.5 lift amazing kit

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Its almost the same price for 4 1/2 and 6 1/2. Bet they are the same kit with different blocks for the rear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cognito, None

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Bds is also none and my dad loves it

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Duramodster- As stated above there is no welding required on the Cognito package. You will need to make a few cuts for the new sub frame to clear. The piece can be re welded in if you ever decide to go back to factory stock.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not to side track your thread sir, but my truck on a 6.5" bds and 37's, rides just like stock FYI

·
Registered
849 Posts
my truck rides insanely bad and i only have the stock keys cranked 1.5"

about to upgrade my shocks and put cognito UCAs and ball joints though

i think HD trucks just ride like shit

i can literally feel the painted stripes in parking lots

·
Registered
287 Posts
my truck rides insanely bad and i only have the stock keys cranked 1.5"

about to upgrade my shocks and put cognito UCAs and ball joints though

i think HD trucks just ride like shit

i can literally feel the painted stripes in parking lots
My 2500 rides just as nice as my 2014 1500. After lift, you can feel the M/T when I first pull off, but after that, feels fine.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'm jelly. I don't mind a slightly rough ride. It is a truck. And I don't mind the tire roar at all. I just hate that when I go over a bump it feels like my truck may split in half.

I've replaced the cab mounts too. I don't know what else it could be

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm definitely not a suspension expert. I just took my truck and lift to a company praying that it would turn out great and I couldn't ber happier with how it turned out and rides.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.