Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as longevity, driving, and strength. I have an AWSOME deal in front of me for a 4" Rancho kit (RED, which I think will look sick on my RED truck). I am figuring its stronger than doing the leveling kit even with the UCA's. I would preffer the CV angles lower and w/ the 4" kit I can fit a wider setup wheel wise. I just want 33x12.5 or even a tad bigger if I can fit them. That would rock! Anyway I woud want to keep it relaxed so its smoother. Doing an add a leaf in rear which I like. I have some 1.5" blocks so if anyone wants them let me know. Just go tto my house last night and mightnot need them.

Let me know some feedback!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump up for this please?

Anyone plow with one? Long term miles ok on them or what. I am pickin up my Rancho tomorrow and before I go cutin my frame and diff I wanna know im not going to end up with it all clapped out in some time. I mean can I look at this truck with 100K miles on it and still being ok. Realistically this truck is my daily driver. I tow but nothing nuts so I know all that will last. Just as far as plowin a little in winter with a 8' stainless plow xblade. No v or nothing huge. Just wanna know that won't really kill it. I will take it easy of course with it but I am sure it should be as strong as stock for these guys doing truck pulls and all that.

Help me out!

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
wheels will stick out 2" per side in the front
4" drop with a 3" drop diff so CVs wont be totally level, no cutting on the diff, doesnt need a new front drive shaft

seems like a stout lift to me

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea the Rancho does make the wheels stick out more right. I knw too it doesn't drop the diff totally so thats why I wanted to keep it relaxed. Its still better than crankin keys and all that as far as reliable right. I just want the 34's or whatever and not have it bouncing left and right bending stuff on the road. Over all I think it should b efine. Just thinking and tryin to hear from some users

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O jeez sorry just saw you havethe Rancho. I for some reason saw the 7.5 and fab in your sig and thought you did a 7.5 Fabtec lift haah. So you have that lift. And how bad were the 35's rubbin. I want to use the 315/70-17 on my H2 wheels but in time will do something nice. If I can fit true 35's or whatever they measure out to really i will do that. I rather that

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
I took about as much out as you can before you get into the cab and the 35" barely work
but the rims are 10" and a 4.5 bs so they stick out

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok... so i'll relax and just stick to my 315's

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the rancho 4in on my lmm and it seems fine. It was on there when I got the truck. Only thing i would say is junk the rancho shocks and get some bilstein. I have 33's with no trimming but I have a 5.71 back spacing.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have the rancho 4in on my lmm and it seems fine. It was on there when I got the truck. Only thing i would say is junk the rancho shocks and get some bilstein. I have 33's with no trimming but I have a 5.71 back spacing.
Can you post up some pics for me please?

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Dude, 4"? Go bigger! I went with 6", and hated it, just ordered the 9".

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude, 4"? Go bigger! I went with 6", and hated it, just ordered the 9".
Yea yea well I agree but 4" is way better than stock and I do NOT want anything more than 6". I found this kit extremely cheap and its like new. So thats the only reason im even doing this over just some 285's under it and callin it a day. I like it to be truck not to big. I load a lot of bikes in the back so any higher and i'll hate it. Also getting in an out everyday for my DD can suck jumping im short.

How much fun is the install. I have been reading the directions head to toe. Not pumped but I do have like 10 friends comin to help screw it up haha. 2 who have lifted there chevy's so hope they are help. Also one guy who is a really good tech. Dedicating a full day for it this sunday.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
let me know how the install goes. you should take some pics along the way as well. and let me know what not to do and what to do hahaha.
I would but we'll b efigureing out so much the whole way I won't know if it makes any sense haha. If I had a new kit and knew 100% its all there and not bent or going to line up I would. But who knows I'll bring the camera should be enough people standing around.

So guess your going to keep it..
Yea lets say I worked something out

·
Registered
23 Posts
you beter start on it on Sat. Ive done atleast 5 or more of those kits it takes me like 8 to 12 hours to do one. They say it take 14 to 16 to do one there fun. Cuting the frame and diff is the most time consoming i think in the hole kit. and on the back if u got the add-a-lef and the 3" or 4" block it makes it look alot beter When its done and the Rancho shocks suck. Have Fun let us no how it goes and if u have any questions just let me no.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you beter start on it on Sat. Ive done atleast 5 or more of those kits it takes me like 8 to 12 hours to do one. They say it take 14 to 16 to do one there fun. Cuting the frame and diff is the most time consoming i think in the hole kit. and on the back if u got the add-a-lef and the 3" or 4" block it makes it look alot beter When its done and the Rancho shocks suck. Have Fun let us no how it goes and if u have any questions just let me no.
Thats weird Rancho's directions say 6-8 hrs. I'll have my buddy who did a 4" on his LLY. As well as 4-5 other pretty knowledgeable workers. As well as the garage im using is a really good tech who does his stuff from thsi garage So I have hope it will get done, not going to be pushing time and starting asap. The one who did his lift said it isn't horrible, just time consuming. We have a good car lift so that helps a lot more than doin it on the floor and plenty of the right tools.

That sucks I had a feeling the add a leaf isn't enough. Kit says 3" block or 2.5. I deff want it to be higher than the front once I get the tires to clear. So I should probably try to get a block ready to go before I even take it apart.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Ive got the Rancho 4" on my 06. damn good lift. I tow all kinds of stuff. Heavy one is a 15800 lb. backhoe. Does good. Like my Rancho shocks as well. You will like it, its a good solid lift.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks man good to hear. Now to plow in winter see how she holds up haha. It isn't much and I take it easy on it. Nothing commercial and its all black top stuff. I always keep up on it so it isn't killing things.

I know the shocks for it look like new but I might sell thsoe and a set of bilsteins I got for a leveled setup and put that towards new Bilsteins. Just do it right off the bat.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Can you post up some pics for me please?
Can do, have been trying to get around to it anyways. (with all the new goodies in the last two weeks) Try to get some up tomorrow.

What are you wanting to see?

·
Registered
23 Posts
U will love it my buddys got it on his 03 ex cab and ive seen him jump it alot and it still drives straight. I think its one of the tuffiest kits out there the one peace subframe is the shit and for plowing i thing it will work well. And yeah everyone ive done sags in the ass unless u do both block and add-a-lef. Sounds like u guys will have here handled the lift is going to help u guys a lot when i started doing lift kits i had to do them on the floor in are shop what a pain that was now we have a lift and i can do kits in have the time. Im also an ASE tec Ive lifted alot of truck best one was my 95 chevy straight axle converson 16" lift on 40 or my 02 gasser HD with a Fabtech 8" with 3" body and 40s now that was a bad ass truck to bad it wasnt a dmax.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.