Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently put a 4" straight pipe from the turbo back on my 03 dmax and i was concidering puttin a 5" on now. would i get any more power out of a 5" and also would the 5" be any louder?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the only difference will be noise factor..

·
Registered
62 Posts
alot of people i know running bigger than a 4" have terrible resonation at highway speed two friends of mine bought trucks one had 5" and another guy had 6" on his when they bought them and they both switched to 4" mbrp becuase it was annoying and they were not making enough ponies to justify needing that much exhaust

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i have the same noise problem. as soon as i get above 70 mph it just gets annoying and thats with my 4". My 4" when i get on it just sounds like a gas truck and i want it to sound like a diesel where you can hear the turbo almost like a powerstroke.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I personally don't think you can achieve the Powerstroke sound...that's all in the way it was built....Duramaxs are probably the quietest diesel engine I've heard....and I've heard Dura's with stacks that are fully programmed and decked out with CAI's and all the goodies...and they still don't sound like a cummins or a powerstroke. But then again..I love my quiet truck. But if you are looking for a louder turbo whistle...then get an aftermarket CAI...but that's all they are good for.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
I have a 4" t/b magnaflow on my LB7 and that is plenty loud....it sounds really nice when i go through downtown between buildings :) . At highway speeds the noise isnt bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 4" t/b magnaflow on my LB7 and that is plenty loud....it sounds really nice when i go through downtown between buildings :) . At highway speeds the noise isnt bad.
MY TURBO IS SO LOUD IT TURNS HEADS DAILY!!!:rockin:rockin

·
Registered
315 Posts
i would luv 2 have a 5" on my powerstroke, but heard itz not worth it if the truck iznt worked !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts