Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy a TB MBRP exhaust. I was wondering if is worth the extra money to get the 5''. does it sound better? I dont think there are any performance gains, but i could be wrong. If any has a video or some pics, i would love to see them...

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
4" sounds better in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
4" sounds better in my opinion.
Wishes he got a 5''.... JK The 4'' gives it a rattier sound if that makes sense... But from what people tell me my 5'' sounds good!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
digging my 5 inch!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I am about to buy a TB MBRP exhaust. I was wondering if is worth the extra money to get the 5''. does it sound better? I dont think there are any performance gains, but i could be wrong. If any has a video or some pics, i would love to see them...
You won't notice anything but noise between the two. If you like the look and sound of 5", you will disappointed with 4", so just do the 5" and be done with it. Otherwise, 4" is all that is needed to get the job done, and is plenty for my 12 sec. truck...

If you more help deciding, call me at the shop in the morning, I can go over all the pro's and con's.

Chad

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Search youtube.. Lots O videos!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
5 inch just put mine on got it off jess at husker diesel sound way better

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I have 4"...I want factory 3.5 so I can have more back pressure!:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just did the 5" and love it. It fit really well and sounds awesome. You can really hear the turbo better and is not excessively loud when your cruisin at highway speeds only when your on it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts