Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im on the fence between a 4" suspension lift or a 6"... i Have it keyed and a 1" block in the back, but i want my ride quality back. The price between the 2 is not much just wanted to know which is the better choice... pics could help

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
subscribed I have been wondering the same question but im probably gonna go with 35's.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Go with 6" or you will regret it later.

·
Registered
683 Posts
6"" lift

6" lift with 35-12.50 on 18' rims
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
might as well go with a 10 or 12 inch :D

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I agree with ya.

I am about to p/u a Rancho 4" lift only cause its a KILLER deal I found on craigslist so honestly I'm pumped for it. I was goin to drop the money for the UCA cognito kit and I am gettin this almost new kit for LESS than just the base kit. Kid I dont think knows what he has.

Anyway I agree I may want 6" but I rather it a littl elift and then fit the 35's. I am actually shooting for 34's or whatever it works out to be on my H2 wheels. Go for that truck look with nothing flashy wheel wise so the truck looks sicker and more truck/mean. Then a nice beefy tire. So if I need more room i'll brign the front up some. I plan on keepin it 4" so the cv's are relaxed and last!

Also cause i'll be plowing this winter and every winter with it haha

·
Registered
683 Posts
i want my lift off wish i would have not put it on i like the looks of it but i cant get it in my garage now that sucks

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
i want my lift off wish i would have not put it on i like the looks of it but i cant get it in my garage now that sucks
Yea that sucks.. Well even with all my garages the truck doesn't fit so its an outside dog. I accept that.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
If you want to go fast and have better turning capability, go with a 4". 6" will not yeild much of a difference over the 4" and sometimes its a pain in the ass finding a good parking spot in the city. Mine barely fits at a parking garage. Keep in mind, 33" tires are cheaper than 35" tires. Sometimes I wish I had a 4" because most the the time 6" are pointless when there is more than enough clearance to go wheeling. I drive on the highway 90% of the time and a 4" will give slightly better fuel economy because it has less wind resistance.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
My lift is coming off my truck soon as well.
Don't tell me you're going low as Brian is?! Few times I thought about lowering mine but I did went wheeling the other day to avoid a traffic blockade. Shortcut to home, my fiance was pissed cuz she had to take the long way home :rof

·
Registered
683 Posts
lift

My lift is coming off my truck soon as well.
Let me know how you go about it and how its works out for you i want to take mine off this summer i want to sell everything rims,tires,lift,dual shock hoop kit for around $2000 obo has maby 20k on lit and tires rims has 5k on them need stock parts too

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
what brand of lift do you have Kevin?

·
Registered
683 Posts
rough country and rough country hoop kit still in box

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Yea I will probably stick to the 4". Its my DD nothing crazy. I rather it all be like stock and smooth just a little tuffer of a height. Where I am I don't worry about "parking garages" or any crap like that. I drive some highway so I wont do M/T's ever again thats for sure. Just some nice at's and thast cool. If I go offroad im not flyin. Just gettin to where I wanna go and not draggin on the ground. I don't care much to go fast, and don't plan on boost launches even if mine was lowered. Just want it to be a truck. I don't worry about parking spots either I dont like parking close. And still my last truck was a 6" lift f-250 so anything under that is way easier and turns way better haha.

I still want to try fitting 35's but.. a true O.D. of 34 or 34.5 will work. I have a sawz-all

·
Registered
163 Posts
i have a set of 33" dick cepic Radial FC-ll and the 35's are only ten bucks more per tire.. they have barely shown any wear and do great in the mud and ponds.. you cant even hear them on the road

·
Wants Brians Rod!
2,737 Posts
Andrew, Im going as low as I can. :rolleyes:

Let me know how you go about it and how its works out for you i want to take mine off this summer i want to sell everything rims,tires,lift,dual shock hoop kit for around $2000 obo has maby 20k on lit and tires rims has 5k on them need stock parts too
IFS will no longer be near my truck to say the least. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.