Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had someone ask me if the 4500 and 5500 trucks have the same 6.6 dmax as our 2500, 3500's? Or is it the bigger straight six dmax like in the npr trucks? Also is it possible to program the dmax and alli in those bigger rigs?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I know the 4500 has the same engine, not sure about the 5500, but there is a 7.8 duramax out too according to diesel supplement. I believe the engines are detuned a little in the bigger trucks and I am pretty sure that you can use the same programmers on the ones that have the 6.6 duramax in them. I believe I have read that some guys have put programmers on the kodiaks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 4500 Monroe TopKick pickup and a 5500 Jayco Motorhome both with the 6.6 DMax, both '06 emissions. Both are running the standard '06 Diablosport Predator 40 horse tow tune, and it has made a world of difference in power. I haven't driven either enough since tuning them to know about fuel mileage.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Water leak under the radiator

Hi Everyone :help:help
We have a 2008 Duramax 6.6 lmm Chevy C5500 Kodak Jayco Seneca HD motorhome it's only got 12000 miles, It's leaking water under the radiator on the left side (drivers side) we can't see were it's coming from, Is this a recall item. And anyone have any idea were it's coming from.

Thanks Phil

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hi Everyone :help:help
We have a 2008 Duramax 6.6 lmm Chevy C5500 Kodak Jayco Seneca HD motorhome it's only got 12000 miles, It's leaking water under the radiator on the left side (drivers side) we can't see were it's coming from, Is this a recall item. And anyone have any idea were it's coming from.

Thanks Phil
You can contact the medium duty customer assistance center for recall information on your motor home. Their toll free telephone number is 1-800-862-4389. Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8am to 8pm EST.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Premium Member
10,336 Posts
I really like those 4500's
Although I currently own a 2011 LML SRW LTZ, I want to pick up a Kodiac or Top Kick to dedicate to being a full time slide in camper hauler, with off road capability.
Most of those are LBZ's with some later LLY's? Is that correct?
I can see a mild lift, much more power, bumpers, triple slide camper. agressive tires, winch and stuff like that for an expedition build. THe 2011 I'm currently building (link in my signature) is as a survival vehicle with more than a hint of "Afghan tuning" happening.
Anyway, not meaning to thread jack, just noticed this thread and wanted to say how much I like those trucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts