Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my buddy has a LLY that he's currently building the engine up in, he said he's expecting to be in the 700hp range with it this year. He asked me if I could build him a trans for 4th gear starts. Now I've only built one allison, put a GMAX 5 kit and precision industries converter in the trans that was in my LB7. Had a few hooks on it with no problems but I'd guess I only had about 500-550rwhp outta it at the max. My question is, what's it take to build a good 4th gear pulling trans? Upgrade C1 and C2 clutches, get a good converter, tcm tune and....? What else needs to go into it? Any help is appreciated

02 LB7 ECSB 5" intake, 5" exhaust, batmowheel, boost valve, EFI DSP5, high idle, suncoast trans/ML converter, leveled on 35's - SOLD

07 LBZ CCSB leveled on 33's, rest is stock...for now

·
Registered
568 Posts
Interesting im subbed for what people say iv never even hear of someone starting in 4th

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neither have I, I've only seen 2nd, or more commonly, 3rd gear starts with a lockup switch

02 LB7 ECSB 5" intake, 5" exhaust, batmowheel, boost valve, EFI DSP5, high idle, suncoast trans/ML converter, leveled on 35's - SOLD

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might come down to that but I'd rather do it myself

1 - 5 of 5 Posts