Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was racing at the local track and the guy running the lights told me not to run my truck in 4wd he said id shread my frontend. the truck ran pretty fast i ran a 9.9 in the 8th with a 1.8 reaction time anyone know what that would be in qt about i was thinking about getting the edge juice with additude is that a good chip for a stock tranny i want something that monitors stuff to it seems like a good deal

·
Registered
262 Posts
i am no racer but running in four wheel drive should not hurt anything. just do not lauch to hard with the stock tierods

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have done more than my share of drag racing, but not in diesel trucks though. A friend of my runs a 3/4 Dodge with GOD only knows how much hp,he always leaves in 4x4, then once has gotten past 60ft, he the shifts back into 2 wd.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
do not attempt a hard 4X4 launch on stock tie rods i repeat not on the stock tie rods but for roughly $360 you can fix that problem.. Crankitupdiesel.com

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have done more than my share of drag racing, but not in diesel trucks though. A friend of my runs a 3/4 Dodge with GOD only knows how much hp,he always leaves in 4x4, then once has gotten past 60ft, he the shifts back into 2 wd.
i didnt even know that was possible to go 4wd then down to 2wd when driving fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts