Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced transfer encoder motor and front acturator, the front acturator will extend like it's suppose to but my front tires won't engage or spin. I have a 2003 gmc 2500 hd. Please help.

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
Make sure your front driveshaft is turning that will eliminate it being your transfer case.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Make sure your front driveshaft is turning that will eliminate it being your transfer case.
IIRC the front shaft turns with or without it in 4hi, if the actuator is engaging the front drive, i would suspect an issue in the transfer case, im assuming that the switch illuminates properly and locks solid orange? it looks like theres a throw out bearing that engages the front half shaft, i would suspect an issue there or maybe with the new encoder motor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jacked it up and ran truck, it would engage front wheels, I could stop one of them with foot but other still turned. Waited for help to see if we could stop both wheels, then they wouldn't engage and turn. I'm at a loss.

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
If your front driveshaft still turns with both front wheels stopped it has to be in the front differential, either the actuator isn't locking in properly or something's bad in the front end.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've narrowed it down some, the front drive shaft doesn't turn. I can turn it freely in 2wd then engage 4wd and when I turn it by hand then the front wheels turn so it has engaged front end. Any ideas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.