Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my pickup 2011 LT the 4wd selector is on the right side, seems appropriate enough... the wifey and I are coming back from supper on the interstate in her 2011 suburban and i go to flash my lights for a semi to come over and put the burb in 4x4 at 70mph on the interstate! I know it's not gonna damage the car but sheesh! they are the same shape and size and right next to each other?? I notice that the LTZ pickups are the same way... Anyone else wish GM had thought that through a little more? or am i just insane...

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
why wouldnt you pull the multifunction selector instead of turning the lights on and off? I havent driven a new truck, but on mine if I just pull the turn signal it is "flash to pass" just a thought...or was it at night? In that case I understand because you wouldnt want to flash your brights at a trucker. That is kind of stupid that GM would make the switches that way.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should have been more specific... It was night time...

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
So on my pickup 2011 LT the 4wd selector is on the right side, seems appropriate enough... the wifey and I are coming back from supper on the interstate in her 2011 suburban and i go to flash my lights for a semi to come over and put the burb in 4x4 at 70mph on the interstate! I know it's not gonna damage the car but sheesh! they are the same shape and size and right next to each other?? I notice that the LTZ pickups are the same way... Anyone else wish GM had thought that through a little more? or am i just insane...
Those of us who read knew that already. :neener

Not sure how the '11s are set up, mine is quite different, but that sounds like a somewhat dumb decision on their part.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Some people eat supper before it gets dark.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
I've not heard of this problem, I'd just use your fog lights to flash semi's.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
as a driver i prefer turning the lights out than flashing high beams. i dont like being blinded.

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
Some people eat supper before it gets dark.
Yes, I just kinda figured it was dark. I eat supper between 10-11pm, is this not normal?:rofl

as a driver i prefer turning the lights out than flashing high beams. i dont like being blinded.
This is what I do, and how I see 99% of the Rigs do it at night. Once I get up around here though, I see a lot less truckers signaling each other, and damn few autos giving way AT ALL.
(Forget courtesy what happened to make way for tonnage????)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts