Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 duramax with 100k on it. Last night I went into 4wd to get out of muddy pasture for a min and then I turned it off when I hit the pavement and thats when I noticed it said service 4wd. What does that mean and what and how do I service the 4wd? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
57 Posts
mine has done that a couple of times, everything checked out ok [fluid levels] 4wd always works when I need it although I dont use it much. I think the last time it did it it was slow switching back to 2wd?

·
Registered
53 Posts
My moms 05 Tahoe got this message in Pismo one time. It wouldnt come out of 4x4, turns out water got into the harness for the electric 4x4 engagement.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
post the codes if it has any. it is either the switch or the encoder motor sensor

·
Registered
641 Posts
Check the Electrical connections on the Actuators (2), on the front Diff and Trans case, and the Fluids And make sure it is working, Jack up truck and turn 4 low for a few min , and 4 high for a few min, make sure it stays in and not popping in and out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all the great tips. I got in my truck this morning and message was gone, but I will look into it more with all your tips. Thank you again.

Lol. sub that would make sense with the little guy eating popcorn watching.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.