Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an 06 2500hd Duramax. We have been have a rattle in the frontend. The dealer has been over it like 6 times now. they replaced the int steering shaft and the torsion bars. it still does it. i think its the 4x4 partially engaging. the other day it started the noise and dad hit the 4x4 switch and it smoothed out. so for some reason it seems that its partially engaging when its not supposed to. Has anyone had this problem before? what would cause this and can it be corrected? that warranty is up but they agreed to fix the problem because it was took in b4 the warranty was up. any help would be appreciated. thanks guys

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
If they agreed to fix it...then take it in and tell them it's something with the 4X4. I had the same problem with my blazer...and it was a little controller box that was like 350.00. Either way it's that box or the mechanical stuff underneath. Have the dealer replace it all until it's fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
07 with noise also -already changed inner shaft 11,000 miles-Can't tell if it still happening(Will pull a camper next weekend)
Love the truck- great power for towing
Had 05 duramax with reoccuring turbo problems-Filed lemon law- got the 07-
Hope this will not be a reoccuring thing also.
Will keep all documantation in case-Our state has a pretty good lemon law covering steering

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I really think its something to do with the 4x4. We will make mention of it when we take it back. If it dont get fixed this time dads not gonna be happy. We have had this thing to the dealer like 6 times. Is there anything we can do such as a Lemon law. We live in Tennessee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts