Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a 5 inch exhaust on my lb7 it has muffler on it. It sounds pretty good but just wasn't as loud as expected should I take muffler off?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cus it's like a 5 inch all the way then downsized to 5 right befor it connects to turbo down pipe. Will taking muffler off make a lot louder?

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
yeah you'll get a good bit more noise. and all the 5 inch kits are like that. 4" front pipe 5" after taht

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking I'll just keep just in case I ever need it

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just sold a cummins with a 5 inch exhaust and trying to get this one up to sounding good

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yea dif sound for sure but I love it. My cummins dyno out around 560 hp what all will
I need to make the duramax be a 600hp beast

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
600hp
trans
EFI
lift pump for sure
probs a modded cp3
turbo

500hp can be had on stock everything. EFI trans and lifty pump

·
Registered
45 Posts
got 5 sstraight on my lb7 an it plenty loud,some poeple dont like how loud it is, esp. the ricers when its echoing threw there car as you blow by!:gearjamin

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tomorrow I'm cutting the muffler off my 5" tbe and gonna straight pipe it can't wait to here it

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I love my exhaust, get ready its nice an loud

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already have the 5 inch just taking muffler off is it alot louder? Also did y'all have to take spare tire off for 5" exhaust

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
my spare is taken off

·
Registered
370 Posts
Anyone out there running a 5" with rear lift bags? Any issues? Also never thought about it but you have to remove the spare to run a 5" exhaust or is this a preference thing?

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Anyone out there running a 5" with rear lift bags? Any issues? Also never thought about it but you have to remove the spare to run a 5" exhaust or is this a preference thing?
I've got 4" with Air Lift and no problems so far. Didn't have to remove the spare but I did anyway cause it's useless with my lift. The only issue I had was when I dumped the exhaust it wanted to sit right on the shock boot. So, I got a hanger and pulled it over a bit to clear it. :drink

Oh, and 5" will fit without removing your spare. :drink

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Omg I had the muffler cut off today to make it a 5" straight pipe and wow it sounds so much better!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts