Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my 5" MBRP this evening, and...............

I HATE IT!

........................:tease :rof

Sorry, couldn't resist. I grew up near a stone quarry and listened to a rock crusher, equipment, and stupid truck drivers thinking they needed a jake brake for 20 years until they closed it down. It's gonna take a few more miles to figure out what I really think of it.

Best part is 05_LLY's wife can't make fun of me and call me small pipe anymore :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or I could put the ear plugs I have hanging on the rear view in too I guess? :D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Glad its in, sorry it took so long to get it out. I don't know what happened there.:confused:

Well, if you think its loud now, good thing we didn't go straight pipe!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Nut, I agree on the straight pipe, thank god I didn't make that mistake!

It's different and will take some getting used to, I can almost garuntee my dad will bitch about it first time we go somewhere now that it on. :(

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Dont be scared, straight pipe it, it probally wouldent resonate so bad straight piped!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might just have to weld the muffler fast, so you clowns don't straight pipe it for me! :D

·
3,162 Posts
Im just dying to try out my new cordless sawzall on ..................

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I went for a drive tonight for the first trip with it.

I'm just going to have to get used to the noise I guess, because it just is so much more responsive, I like it. Just hate that I can't sneak around all stealthy like I could.

·
3,162 Posts
Didnt i tell ya that big ole stock muffler was holding you back:tease not to mention the small pipe:rof

Give ma a call tomarrow, i just woke up here now:rolleyes:

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered some band clamps and a peace of 5in stick... Call me when your ready to go.. 2-3 a.m good? :D
Take this as your warning, I have an 8 dog alarm system and Security in the form of enough fire power for a small army! :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't recall, I do know I did it how the instructions said to?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
ya i think is an unknown legend... lol... i heard of it once and decided to try it and mine sounds just nasty.... not even all that loud, but anything is better than the whiskey barrel full of glass they come whit!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i had my 5" magnaflow straight piped but it whistled to much,so i put the muffler on that came with the turbo back and it is loud but i like it wouldn't do with out it.before i put the muffler on i had guys wondering if i was running twin turbos.(not yet)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts