Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my 5" MBRP this evening, and...............

I HATE IT!

........................:tease :rof

Sorry, couldn't resist. I grew up near a stone quarry and listened to a rock crusher, equipment, and stupid truck drivers thinking they needed a jake brake for 20 years until they closed it down. It's gonna take a few more miles to figure out what I really think of it.

Best part is 05_LLY's wife can't make fun of me and call me small pipe anymore :D

· Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Nut, I agree on the straight pipe, thank god I didn't make that mistake!

It's different and will take some getting used to, I can almost garuntee my dad will bitch about it first time we go somewhere now that it on. :(

· Banned
24,783 Posts
Dont be scared, straight pipe it, it probally wouldent resonate so bad straight piped!
Congrats on the new exhaust. I totally agree though... Just get it over with and straight pipe it :rockin

You know you want to :tease

· Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I went for a drive tonight for the first trip with it.

I'm just going to have to get used to the noise I guess, because it just is so much more responsive, I like it. Just hate that I can't sneak around all stealthy like I could.

· Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,217 Posts
Didnt i tell ya that big ole stock muffler was holding you back:tease not to mention the small pipe:rof

Give ma a call tomarrow, i just woke up here now:rolleyes:

· Banned
24,783 Posts
Im just dying to try out my new cordless sawzall on ..................
Ordered some band clamps and a peace of 5in stick... Call me when your ready to go.. 2-3 a.m good? :D

· Diesel Addict
8,026 Posts
i had my 5" magnaflow straight piped but it whistled to much,so i put the muffler on that came with the turbo back and it is loud but i like it wouldn't do with out it.before i put the muffler on i had guys wondering if i was running twin turbos.(not yet)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.