Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright just going over my estimate for my build and I noticed I'm pencilled in for 50% over injector nozzles... Well not sure what the horsepower is on a 50 but what would 75% get me? If the motor will handle it then why not step it up to 75%?. Anyone got some knowledge on this thanks!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the horsepower gain off the percentage when there at max optimum flow? Motor itself will be stock other than studs, switching to EFI, 72mm turbo, meth, lots lots more but motor is staying stock for another year.

·
Bobo
684 Posts
Most companies price from 1-40% is one rate, 41-60% a higher rate, 61-80% another rate and so on.

You might want to pick a company and select an injector based on how they divide their price points. If you can get a 60% injector for the price of the 50%, that would be a good middle ground to pick for your s472.

·
Banned
17,251 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
It is impossible to rate an injector on "HP" like the dodge buys do... there are way too many variables...

Go off of %... cuz that's all that matters ;)
What kind of sticks do y'all recommend going to be doing 40 overs with a twin set up

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
17,251 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright ill just stick with 50%. If anything I can just swap them out for bigger ones next year if I need to support the heavier setup next year.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
what is your opinion on 45 over merchant injectors for an lb7?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
what is your opinion on 45 over merchant injectors for an lb7?
Merchant sells/uses Exergy engineering.... can't go wrong with them in my opinion

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
plz go with exergy u wont be disapointed..!!

·
Stone Colds Brother
600 Posts
Do you have to run nozzles with the twin setup? I hear its easier on the motor, could someone please explain how? ( this is not a sarcastic question, I am doing a SDP 475 over stock and was just curious why people recommend it for twins)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
327 Posts
Do you have to run nozzles with the twin setup? I hear its easier on the motor, could someone please explain how? ( this is not a sarcastic question, I am doing a SDP 475 over stock and was just curious why people recommend it for twins)

With different injectors nozzles your injectors will have a lower band with which is easer on the injector its self. I would recommend 30% overs. Correct me if im wrong.

I am running exergy 40% injector nozzles.

·
Stone Colds Brother
600 Posts
So am I ok to just use the stock ones though until I can afford to get new nozzles installed? I'd like to just run stock for awhile and not spen more money lol

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So it would be safe to run EFI live, AD200hph, Suncoast trans with a 68mm Danville on stock injectors n no Studs ? A buddy of mine wants to do that to his LMM, he's on a budget

1 - 20 of 25 Posts