Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally pulled the trigger and got my tranny built by Mike @ Inglewood transmission, wow this is a exspensive sport, wondering what I should do next. My goal at this point is 500HP

·
Confidence Antler
1,997 Posts
With the mods in your sig, ditch the six gun and go EFI Live and you're there. A lift pump wouldn't be a bad idea to keep your cp3 happy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the EFI Live tuned for the current mods, if you add mods after installing EFI don't you have to retune ??

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I would get a lift pump (fass or air dog, Kennedy diesel makes good pumps too). Then ditch the banks tunes(if I read your signature correctly) for efi live. Either an autocal/v2 or a dsp5 switch. There are tons of great tuners read around and decide who you want to work with. Kory Willis at ppei and Idaho rob from atp are great tuners. Moonshine tuning from ridge runner and Caleb at black out perormance are also top notch guys. Then some tie rods or sleeves and I'd say your set to go. A Maxx effort tune will put you at your goal from any of the tuners. Then from there Moar air Moar fuel:D As you can see it is quite the expensive hobby, worse addiction than crack..

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the EFI Live tuned for the current mods, if you add mods after installing EFI don't you have to retune ??
Yes but it's a simple enough procedure. They email you new tunes and you download them to your autocal\v2 then upload to your truck. Ridge runner perormance offers free upgrades to tuning for life if I'm wrong someone correct me.

Also didn't see anyone else post until after I hit send. Oops I guess haha

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, now heres the million dollar question, EFI Live or new pipes for the Harley,

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
thanks guys, now heres the million dollar question, EFI Live or new pipes for the Harley,
I vote for spicy tuna for your truck:D
Although loud ear shattering Harleys are nice:poke[1]:

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Either install a sump, FASS pickup or a PPE fuel cup in the tank, the current pickup is 3/8" at best and in the pump world the suction is a minimum the same size as the pressure side, preferably optimum is larger like 5/8" to prevent the pump from cavitating......Go to Kennedy's site for more info....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.