Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my first post but I've been reading for a while on here, I'm on my tablet so if there are grammar mistakes I apologiez now. Im going for a 550hp street beast daily driver, I'm all stock now but thinking of 5inch exaust,tie rods,cognito support kit, air dog 165, aem brute force hd cai, batmo wheel,turbo horn,downpipe,ppe boost valve,stage 4 ppe transmission with goerend converter, transmission brace, transfer case fix,bd manifold, cat fuel filter adapter, then 6inch Rcxlift on 35's. And of course EFI live By Idaho Rob! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the build! Thanks for the help DF!

·
Registered
303 Posts
My sig will get you right around there.

·
Registered
303 Posts
No need for the billet shafts tho

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
This is my first post but I've been reading for a while on here, I'm on my tablet so if there are grammar mistakes I apologiez now. Im going for a 550hp street beast daily driver, I'm all stock now but thinking of 5inch exaust,tie rods,cognito support kit, air dog 165, aem brute force hd cai, batmo wheel,turbo horn,downpipe,ppe boost valve,stage 4 ppe transmission with Mike L converter, transmission brace, transfer case fix,bd manifold, No need with the air dog -cat fuel filter adapter, then 6inch Rcxlift on 35's - a lot of lift and tires to get the 550wrhp with the mods listed. And of course EFI live By Idaho Rob! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the build! Thanks for the help DF!
My .02 ^

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I would go for a ADII 100gph should keep up with what your doing though, I was gonna get a 100 but they were out of stock so got the ADII 165.

Mike L converter or Precision Industries ML Billet converter.

Not a huge fan of lifts and big tires (I went from a 285 to a 265 tire) as they hose MPG, make it handle worse, and suck ass if your towing or loading stuff in your bed. Not to mention get to be a pain to get into, and end up always getting you pants filthy from the mud on your rockers when you get in the truck. Though YMMV, I live on a dirt road so it is impossible to keep mud off my truck during the winter. If you live in the city and want it to look nice and dont are about the MPG I say for for it, they do look really nice..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input everyone! Just going to spend the little bit more to get the 165 pump,(might do a cheetah turbo in future maybe) and I thought mike l switched to the goerend converter? The reason for building my truck is to put my buddies dodge to shame.. Let me just say he likes to say his stuck truck is built, but it's all stock... Going to put him in his place and I'll make sure to post a video because everyone likes videos!

Also to about the lift, I know it will hurt the mpg's and handling, but roads are nice on some parts of town and worse in other places, also have a dirt driveway that's tore up and a lift in almost necessary as regular cars and some SUVs bottom out do to ruts in the driveway.

My buddy drives a 2003 dodge 2500 crew cab long bed, with a 5.7 hemi. It's got an exaust and 37's rubs like hell. He also has a f350 dually with a 6.4 with cai and exaust.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Mike L uses Goerend now, yes.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Oh, other thing I was going ot mention, you might want to do some reading on intakes. IIRC the Banks, Bill's Custom and S&B were the best intakes for that truck in terms of air temp...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, other thing I was going ot mention, you might want to do some reading on intakes. IIRC the Banks, Bill's Custom and S&B were the best intakes for that truck in terms of air temp...
Yes i know in terms of price and and air flow ratings, but I'm going with the aem brute force HD because it's metal and has a big filter, so it'll be a little louder turbo on the truck, I like turbo sound... A lot.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yes i know in terms of price and and air flow ratings, but I'm going with the aem brute force HD because it's metal and has a big filter, so it'll be a little louder turbo on the truck, I like turbo sound... A lot.
S&B comes with a much larger filter... and as far as metal intake goes, a turbo horn will make the most difference along with a DP

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
S&B comes with a much larger filter... and as far as metal intake goes, a turbo horn will make the most difference along with a DP
Well thanks, I'll take a look at some videos then of the S&B.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
What are videos going to tell you? Bottom line, there is a reason almost everyone runs S&B on here

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What are videos going to tell you? Bottom line, there is a reason almost everyone runs S&B on here
Videos tell you how it sounds, im sure the S&B is perfect for my application and goals, but I feel lik the metal aem intake sounded better from sound clips. Just my .02 of why I wanted to go with the aem, but I'll take a second look. I'll probably use the S&B due to it being cheaper.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
If you are all about sound, Bill's are probably the loudest and are metal. But a intake horn will make more of a difference and DP as well as your batmo wheel. Shoot, I wanted my truck quiet which is why i went back to a 4" with muffler. IMO the turbo whistle gets annoying on long trips hauling. I am getting ready to dynomat my whole truck so its way quieter inside...

But prolly have different goals, I want performance towing and comfort out of my truck, not to get noticed driving down the street (I have a 1964 Nova for that, but it gets attention from the cops too).

Videos dont tell you all that much because mic quality on cameras sucks. I listened to 100's of videos of exhausts on youtube and they sound not even close to what I wanted or thought I was getting.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Honestly though if you plan on installing another turbo i would hold off on the intake, wheel, DP etc. You will be basically throwing money away

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you are all about sound, Bill's are probably the loudest and are metal. But a intake horn will make more of a difference and DP as well as your batmo wheel. Shoot, I wanted my truck quiet which is why i went back to a 4" with muffler. IMO the turbo whistle gets annoying on long trips hauling. I am getting ready to dynomat my whole truck so its way quieter inside...

But prolly have different goals, I want performance towing and comfort out of my truck, not to get noticed driving down the street (I have a 1964 Nova for that, but it gets attention from the cops too).
I've heard mixed reviews on bills intake if I remember correct, both of the trucks in my sig tow a 36ft 5th wheel, trailer. But the new truck is replacing the lb7 so I'm going to have some fun with it. It may be too loud or drown to much, so Im not really sure. Got 2 15's in the truck so that makes it loud to. It's more of a very flashy and loud truck now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Honestly though if you plan on installing another turbo i would hold off on the intake, wheel, DP etc. You will be basically throwing money away
Motors got almost 300k miles on it, I'm just gunna drive it till it blows up then might look into building from a core up. I really don't need that preformance as the truck is going to be a daily driver. Just something to make her peppy and loud.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts