Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey every I recently bought I new truck 2019 Denali 2500 CCSB, and I’m about to install a fifth wheel hitch for my camper. My previous truck had the rail system but I’m wanting to put the B W system this time with the companion hitch so my question is does this 5th wheel fit with a aux fuel tank tool box? I have a buddy that had a F250 with the same set up and he told me he had to cut a couple of inches off of base of the 5th wheel to clear the tool box. I haven’t seen it personal just wanted to ask if anyone has this set up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't imagine it could be an issue if you have a long bed. If your talking about a short bed it will depend on the dimensions of the Aux tank.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a short bed. This is the box I’m looking at.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the 18K companion and the base extends 1.75" beyond the cam lock and the coupler arm requires another 4.75" to open. Based on my hitch, you will need at least 6.5" from the front puck. I would leave a few extra inches to minimize finger pinches. Hope this helps and good luck!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 15 short bed with the companion hitch. I don't have a fuel tank, but i have a roll up bed topper. The hitch does not come as far forward as the roll up bed topper. Not sure if that helps. Best to just measure everything. I also have been considering the Anderson hitch, just because of weight. I have a 5th wheel trailer and a goose neck and it's a pain to go back and forth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts