Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it about 5 after 6 this morning and i go out to start my truck. starts right up . i get my lunch ready and what not and head back out to my truck for my morning commute. get in my truck which is still freezing inside i now drive down my hill and make it half a block when i go to turn left and said truck dies try to start it again nothing. i turn my chip off....still no start. well lets try to prime the fuel system see if that helps. as im pumpin the fuel system up i hear dripping.....LOTS of dripping. o snap is diesel all over the ground......yey so now i have to wait for chevrolet to open so AAA can tow it there and they can cover this under warrentee....FAWK

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
When did you change your fuel filter last? One of the o-rings could have stayed stuck to the filter head. Hopefully it isn't anything major though. keep us posted on what happens.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
once daylight arose i went back out to the truck and primed it again to see if i could find the leak. was a bad o ring:rof 35 bucks later and 20 minutes problem fixed:rockin . this was my fault. i just bought it 2000miles ago, i should have done it then...o well live and learn. im just stoked i didnt have to take it to the dealer under warrentee and i got the day off work:D

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Well, at least it wasn't anything major.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts