Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Just to clear things up here. I find it hard to believe anybody is running a 12.4 stock everything 6.4. I have one and mine my best is 12.903 @104. I'm on stock fuel, stock trans and I'm running a batmowheel in the low pressure turbo. Also had 420s, traction bars and dropped two inches, Ccsb weighed in at 8160. I've only made 6 runs total so I'm sure with some weight loss and some more practice I could get a couple tenths faster. 12.8- 13.4 is what most tuned only 6.4s will run depending on tires. [email protected] is arguably the best tuner for the 6.4 as you can run custom tunes with it. Spartan is good as far as power but they lack in the trans tuning department. Sct has shitty canned tunes but has the best support for custom tuning. Take whatever you want from this but this should help out. OP, I think it will be a close race if he man's up and does it but with your mods you probably have the win. And yes if he isn't careful he will be putting a new motor in it.
Good reply and info. If I could upload a video of tonight I was messing around on my mild tune, I would but it won't do it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
When I try to upload video it says error occurred while uploading. I am trying it off my android phone also tryed on laptop nothing worked ?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Capt. Phil, do you know who tuned it?
He had the H&S mini max. Standard tunes, the 300 tune sixty foot was better but the 310 had a little higher trap.

After the trans he had gear head tunes and it was way smoother and less smoke, but he got tired of breaking stuff so sold the truck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
He had the H&S mini max. Standard tunes, the 300 tune sixty foot was better but the 310 had a little higher trap.

After the trans he had gear head tunes and it was way smoother and less smoke, but he got tired of breaking stuff so sold the truck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Gotcha. I see you are in Delaware. You run a cecil?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So found out today 6.4 I want to race is already in the shop only had tune on it for 3 weeks. Something with trans I'll know more details later.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Lol. It took two years before I had to do this. It gotta come off again because I blew the head gaskets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
I almost bought a 6.4l. Glad I didn't, I couldn't keep my LLY together I would have went bankrupt with a 6.4.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
After seeing video I'll be fine. Still no reply hen we will race but I got the go pro charged and ready.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
My buddy has a 6.4 with a spartan 310. He bought the truck 2 years ago and it had a built suncoast in it. The guy have him paperwork and everything. That same trans is going out and that's his excuse not to race me.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Sub'd

·
Registered
59 Posts
My buddy has a 6.4 with a spartan 310. He bought the truck 2 years ago and it had a built suncoast in it. The guy have him paperwork and everything. That same trans is going out and that's his excuse not to race me.
Tell him to man up. Suncoast is far from the best trans for the 6.4. There is half a dozen better trans builders. Still that sucks as I'm on my stock trans with 132k on it. 35k have been on a 250 tune or better.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
The LML was running Motor Ops highest tune. And both fords had Innovative tune the black one had the Xtreme street and the red had Xtreme race.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts