Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
We lined up at the strip and both boosted launched. He literally went no where and it just revved up. Whenever he tries to boost launch it doesn't work. It also doesn't go in reverse sometimes

·
Registered
59 Posts
The LML was running Motor Ops highest tune. And both fords had Innovative tune the black one had the Xtreme street and the red had Xtreme race.
Not trying to make excuses but innovative tunes leave plenty to be desired in my experiences. I ran innovative extreme race back to back with gearhead hot street. Results= extreme race - 13.8. Hot street - 12.9

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
H&s isn't as good as Spartan or sct I believe. I know Spartan tunes are hard on transmissions. The 6.4s can move though. They have the air and fuel but stretch head bolts easily. To the op though your lb7 should take it for sure. I was looking at different threads and a lot of guys say they run 12.8's - 13.5 depending on tires etc. I hope my buddy gets his trans re built this winter. His 6.4 310 tune should be about dead on with my max effort 230 built trans.
You have a 230 horse tune and trans but your sig says 13.6 for a 1/4 time...was that before you got your max tune or is that on your current setup? Just seems a few tenths slow

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
You have a 230 horse tune and trans but your sig says 13.6 for a 1/4 time...was that before you got your max tune or is that on your current setup? Just seems a few tenths slow
Yeah the 13.6 was on stock trans with a 150hp tune. Track closed before I had the trans built.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Damn close! 13.65 at 98.8 with a 1.81 60'. Truck had no downpipe at the time and a dirty fuel filter!

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Damn close! 13.65 at 98.8 with a 1.81 60'. Truck had no downpipe at the time and a dirty fuel filter!
Weird I had a 1.81 60' also. I ran a faster time but less top speed lol. My very first run I hit 98.2 at 13.68. Truck got slower throughout the night but my launches got better. I really want to break 12s

·
Registered
718 Posts
Weird I had a 1.81 60' also. I ran a faster time but less top speed lol. My very first run I hit 98.2 at 13.68. Truck got slower throughout the night but my launches got better. I really want to break 12s
Should be close with your setup!

·
Registered
4,999 Posts

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
I'm trying to get my buddy with the 6.4 to race me from a roll today. He has a spartan 310 and has done head gaskets and studs

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Lol I am the green he is white. He obviously doesn't want to race :mad:

·
Registered
311 Posts
With your set up I bet you'll walk him pretty good, I walked a crew cab 6.4 just like the one you speak of, 310hp spartan tune, and I had a built trans and stock turbo, cp3, and injectors in my lbz, pulled 2-3 lengths on him up to 110mph from a 40 roll and demolished him from a dig. You're at about the same hp with a big weight advantage, let him have it when he man's up

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I haven't heard from him much but I did send him a nice picture message trying to get him fired up.

Attachments

Reactions: mebob2001

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Lol dude I can't get my buddy to race either... He said wait till I get my trans built a new single turbo and new tunes.. He doesn't want to race until he knows his setup will beat mine lmao

·
Registered
660 Posts
He said that it is 310hp single tune. He does haul trailers sometimes. Idk maybe thats why he has it defuel at shift points to save his trans a little.
if he pulls trailers with that tune on there, he will for sure be into that engine soon, to run that kinda power they are pushing crazy timing numbers. he will be lifting the cab shortly. but those 6.4's do work dam good, i will give them credit there, just such a POS.

Reactions: nastynotchback1
61 - 78 of 78 Posts