Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats me chances against a 6.4 with a spartan 275, intake, and exhaust. its the new harley edition 6.4 he said he ran 13.1 at 101. i walked a truck the other night by 1 1/2 truck lengths that went 12.8 at 110. so i mean i know my truck has the power but i havent ran a new 6.4 i told him a 40-110 roll.

mods are in sig and ill be running robs max effort tune btw

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
:confused:

You walked a truck that is faster?

what you worried about? go spank it.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I say start from a stop and run him! I dont see why you wouldnt beat him. Post the results when your done.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:confused:

You walked a truck that is faster?

what you worried about? go spank it.
the other truck was a single big charger. the 6.4 is twin im just worried about him not having any lag lol. and ive heard 6.4s are bad bitchs lol

he is driving from daytona (an hour away) on sunday to run me lol

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
the other truck was a single big charger. the 6.4 is twin im just worried about him not having any lag lol. and ive heard 6.4s are bad bitchs lol

If it is only for bragging rights then what is there to lose! Run balls out and if you win stop and rub it in a little but if you lose just dont stop.:rockin

·
Registered
514 Posts
dude 6.4s are bad bitches. there is one around here that runs stupidddd fast on just a tuner and exhaust. YOUR better takin him on a roll with your tires.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts

Well it is a ford, he will probably break down on the way to meet you... :rofl

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dude 6.4s are bad bitches. there is one around here that runs stupidddd fast on just a tuner and exhaust. YOUR better takin him on a roll with your tires.
i know thats what im saying lol. i mean im going from a 40 roll so i should spin to bad but we all go to this big car meet and he heard about me and wants to come out here. its weird that now that i have the quickest truck around here everyone suddenly knows my truck and wants to run it even tho i have no idea who they are lol

·
Registered
457 Posts
If he is running the 275 tune then you will beat him two of my buddies have them and one runs 310 tune on 38x15.50X20 and hits 8.33 in an 1/8 the other runs the 350 tune and hits 8.5 without the spray the 275 tune is gonna be a close race but i think you got him.... give er hell:drink

·
Registered
514 Posts
good luck.. they can run 600rwhp on a tuner exhaust and stock trans.. you should take him.. id bet on you long as your tires hook up pretty decent.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we will find out sunday i guess. i just got a call like 15 min ago from a buddy saying he heard about me and want to give it a shot lol.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there was a new 6.4 at the track friday. my friends brother just bought one and has a H&S 250 tune with an exhaust and went 13.7 on 33's with a 1.90 60'

·
Registered
514 Posts
the one im talkin about hits high 7s with a 300something tune and 35s.. its quick. i had to pull the bottle.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Dude I have seen 5 different 6.4's dyno none of them over530 hp. And if you do the math it will take a ford making 620 hp to run with a dmax making 500 hp based on weight. And you weigh less than most. if you race him at the track clamp the front and rear over load spring on your truck put on your buddys slicks and do exactly like i told you. And you will have him making excuses why he left the track early. besides whoever is saying that 6.4's make 600 hp on fuel with just a tune is a little off. Rudy's maxed out 6.4 only put down 609 on fuel.

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it will be from a 40 roll :) so that helps me a little too

im gonna be stoked if i walk a spartan 6.4 :D lol and btw the new tunes are ridiculous lol. its not even my truck anymore lol

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
You're 2wd though right? If so he won't have any trouble taking you off the line, that and the fact that 6.4's have practically zero turbo lag compared to a dmax. Your truck will beat his... if you have the traction. If you can't put it to the ground then it's useless. But if you can then I don't think you'll have any problem beating him. If you were 4x4 I'm sure you'd walk all over him. 6.4's are beasts #'s wise, but they're FAT!!!

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
just saw you said from a 40 roll... shouldn't be a problem then. If you race from a stop then it'll be a problem :D

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it will be from a 40 roll jesse :) lol he agreed to that

edit: you beat me to it lol. ya im getting a set of slicks this week for the track too :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
i wanna play!!! :popcorn

1 - 20 of 45 Posts