Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was beat by a 6.4:eek: with a sct extreme 310 package...what do i need to get em?:help

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Trans will help......then you can really crank up the heat!!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
trans and a hell of a nasty EFI tune..oh and lift pump n tie rod sleeves

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
7,336 Posts

·
7,336 Posts
do i still need tie rods if i dont have 4x4?
HELL YES!!!

I just sent you a PM....Mail em to the address that is in the message!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that was nicer then what i had put...i didnt want to get kicked off this thing.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
HD TECHNICIAN
1,115 Posts
i beat a powerjoke with that tune, only because he ran out of speedo and i didnt;)

211km/h lol...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Race him from a roll once you get the rest of the mods stated above.
from a rolling start? How would that work? Would I spool fatser and beat him?

·
Registered
146 Posts
It will not spool faster but it the turbo should be lit, which will help. Keep in mind he will be lit too. These things are hard to beat on a rolling start. Roll into it about 20-25 MPH.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But I have 2wd and I have big tires and it will just spin at 20 25, or I can start in lvl 3 and just switch to fourth at 40? I've never switched while I was racing somebody.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
with a 2wd truck, I doubt you'll ever beat a 4x4 truck with a similar amount of power. A 6.4 with any spartan tuning is going to be tough to beat, especially when he has 4x4 and you don't, not to mention the 310 tune. You can have all the power in the world but if you can't put it to the ground then it doesn't really matter.

You'll probably just have to accept defeat and move on with this one. I doubt you'll ever beat that truck.

If you can get him to race you in 2wd, then at least you'd have a fair race. But with that much power it comes down to driver skill and throttle control more than pure power of the trucks.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes very well put, okay well i had a thread on here about trac bars, but im just gunna u bolt my overload to the rest of my spring pack and hope that gets me more traction, my dad has an ext cab 09 lmm dually with ppe hot+ on lvl 5 can that beat him? he also has 4x4.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts