Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my baby shes a little dirty but just got done installing the lift yesterday to me around 12hrs straight by myself with jacks and jack-stands to do ahhhh! But the ride is so worth it. Still got the bars turned up about half way and have 3.5'' blocks in the back.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It kinda bothers me that the tires look small but they are 325/60/18's (33.4x12.8x18)

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
i know eh thats the thing with the NBS, you always feel like your tires are too small haha

i think your tires look good though

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Looks great man!, you can always get bigger tires later, question... how many beers did it take to install this badboy?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks I think i am gonna get some 37x12.5 bf all terrains though

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
how does that cognito lift handle? maybe i'll do a 4 inch next year..

·
Registered
225 Posts
i know eh thats the thing with the NBS, you always feel like your tires are too small haha

i think your tires look good though

they're plenty wide.. looks awsome from the rear :D and thats what really counts :drink

·
Registered
861 Posts
Thats kind of weird concidering the wheelwells seem smaller. The truck looks great!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Looks really good man!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great man!, you can always get bigger tires later, question... how many beers did it take to install this badboy?
dude you dont even know how much i wanted one!!! I worked on this damn thing from like 9 in the morning till like 11pm! by my damn self! and some stuff ya just need a little help like when you are trying to set the diff up in the frame just using a floor jack! Yeah awesome.... And to top it off i was at a buddies house with no way to leave and being all excited like a little kid with a new toy, I forgot all about human essentials like food and stuff like that so needless to say i was glad to have it done.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how does that cognito lift handle? maybe i'll do a 4 inch next year..
As far as i am concerned this is the only lift it comes with all the good stuff bilsteins welded knuckles and the pitman/idler arm braces. I am glad i did it and i wanted to make a new post but !WARNING! Anyone running the bars cranked and has done any offroading at all needs to check there idler arm bolts as soon as it feels even a little "wandery" in 4WD. Mine was about to fall off ahhhh! couldnt tell in 2WD just in 4WD it would act like a really bad bump steer. Kinda scary.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
dude you dont even know how much i wanted one!!! I worked on this damn thing from like 9 in the morning till like 11pm! by my damn self! and some stuff ya just need a little help like when you are trying to set the diff up in the frame just using a floor jack! Yeah awesome.... And to top it off i was at a buddies house with no way to leave and being all excited like a little kid with a new toy, I forgot all about human essentials like food and stuff like that so needless to say i was glad to have it done.
hahah i totally know what you mean.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you got some side pics of yours with the lift and 35's i am torn between 35 and 37 or anybody else with a 6'' and 35 or 37s

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Yea i do, im not sure if a NBS would like 37s on a 6" , probably look sic though!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah well the tires i have fit with the bars cranked ahha and the are kinda fat for a stock truck haha. Lets just say i did some unseen body mods in the fenderwell so they would clear.

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
i have 5100s and i'm not crazy for them, i think i'll be getting fox reservoirs next time

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
There is a dmax in the city i work for, and he has 325/60/18s on his truck, and its only leveled, it looks SIC, its an 06 or 07 classic cc/sb, looks badass. doesnt appear to rub, cuz i looked the front wheel wells over pretty good.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts