Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i've spent a shit load of money trying to figure out how to make this truck legal in md, Trying different setups with blocks and no blocks and different leaf springs.
So currently i'm running 4.5'' lift leaf springs and the 6''in fabtech lift with the torsion bars turned complty down the bolts are out. I deffintlay had to do some trimming and pounding but it works. Now I need to get 1/4 spacers for the rear because the front tires stick out so much more. I might take it up another 1'' in the rear. But i'll probaly stay with this set up for a while until I get enough cash to buy a new front bumper and I have alot more stuff to pay attention to.

Not to sure If I like it a 100% but I guess we will see.

O and the stupid mud flaps I had to put on.

·
Superior DF Member
951 Posts
i like it...im considering 37s, but im worried about the speed.......:D

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Looks good man!!! :drink

·
Registered
532 Posts
looks like a mean truck i like it!:drink

·
Registered
506 Posts
thing looks sick man just mean looking all around tint the front windows though haha i did mine i love it for the sun doesnt come in as much. and if maryland wont inspect it i will haha ill pass it real quick haha

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had the front windows tinted and the winshield tint but I had to get it riped off for inspection soon enough it will be put back on hopefully the truck passes my repair order I got we will see on Monday. I need to get it aligned this afternoon.

·
Registered
506 Posts
u send it my way ill pass that monster

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had a aligment done last night, Its like a whole new truck It feels alot smoother and stable at this height.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Just looked up your laws for lifts and all is says is truck maximum frame height can not exceed 28". Also you do not have any fender or mud flap laws unless you are commercial

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also you do not have any fender or mud flap laws unless you are commercial

Where do you see this.

Frame height up to 28'' if your under 10001 pounds.

Frame height up to 30 inches from 10001 to 18000

So the truck is at 12000 pounds.

·
Registered
32 Posts
:tongue1:tongue1 MORE PICS!!!! :hyper:hyper

·
Registered
32 Posts
No kidding. I've got a 6" with 35x12.5x20 and wanted to go to 37's and I just don't see it working. I already rub in a hard turn and hit a big bump.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts