Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any "recipes" for 600hp? I want to build my lly daily to have 600hp that wont send a rod (stock bottom end). Id like to have 600hp on my max effort tune and for daily driving at around 550hp with dsp5. I have an idea of what to do but id like to see other peoples recipes to reach this hp number. I already have a bult trans ready to take the aduse and id like to stay with the single vgt since i live in California. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Built trans tunes can take you to 550 pretty easily. The stock injectors are right at their limit around 600, I believe. Your pulse width will be getting up into the max. The biggest limiting factor will be the strength of your cp3.

Throw a Danville charger on there, and you'll be able to push it to and past the breaking point.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the breaking point of the cp3? If where i want to put it at is putting it too close i might put in a 10mm cp3 just for peace of mind. And i was thinking of putting in a danville 66mm and 30% overs to get me to the 600 mark "safely" and capping it off there hp wise. Would i have to do head studs for 600hp?

Built trans tunes can take you to 550 pretty easily. The stock injectors are right at their limit around 600, I believe. Your pulse width will be getting up into the max. The biggest limiting factor will be the strength of your cp3.

Throw a Danville charger on there, and you'll be able to push it to and past the breaking point.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying my best not to have to tear into the bottom end, I've heard the stock bottom end gets sketchy around 650. Studs not to big of an issue though, so I'll put that on the list, and for the cp3, it wouldn't get starved or stressed out?

Head studs and ideally rods, lb7/lly bend rods. The cp3 wont break, it just cant supply the fuel required usually.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Get a lift pump and throw a dual fueler on for peace of mind

·
Registered
916 Posts
I'm trying my best not to have to tear into the bottom end, I've heard the stock bottom end gets sketchy around 650. Studs not to big of an issue though, so I'll put that on the list, and for the cp3, it wouldn't get starved or stressed out?
If you're not willing/ prepared to go into the motor i wouldn't mess with 600HP.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sweet thread! I'm doing the same thing right now and can use the tips! 2004.5 LLY, 200,000 miles, Air Dog 165, and built trans in place. EGR deleted and PCV rerouted. LBZ cold air and elbow.

For parts, already have the ARP head studs, extreme engine mounts, Max Flow exhaust manifolds, LB7 up pipes, down pipe and new radiator from the Dmax Store plus a welded water pump, new pulleys, belt and tensioner, and EFI live (removing Banks Super Tuner that has in there since 2005). I think I'll also add a welded y bridge and both intercooler pipes.

Tomorrow I order the Danville 63.5 as its good for 600+ yet is still good for towing (which is the main use of this truck) and will work with them for tunes. Picked up a fish DSP5 off Amazon and looking for a place to install it along with a Merchant Automotive High Idle kit.

Will do the head gaskets and reassemble with the new parts and not planning to touch the shortblock.

Anything else you plan to do that I've missed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts