Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a Cheetah turbo from a member on Monday, Came In Friday.
It's on the truck. Stupid loud whistle. I hope it performance's as good as it sounds. Video's to follow. Now I have to email rob and get some new tunes. Guess I should have done that last week. Hopefully it will go on the dyno this weekend.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Isnt it awesome :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
I may have misunderstood, and I apologize if so, but weren't these having reliability issues? I thought there were some problems with the Cheetahs that I read about on here awhile back. Maybe those issues have since been resolved.

Sounds good though. Hope it works well for ya.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah man defiantly. Just got home like a hr ago. This jet lag stuff is going to have my off for a couple day's.

·
Registered
943 Posts
So this is the 68mm cheetah, I have been looking at the cheetah turbos and would love to get more feedback on yours. How it spools, egts, max boost? I cant decide if I want the baby cheetah or the one you have.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Yeah man defiantly. Just got home like a hr ago. This jet lag stuff is going to have my off for a couple day's.
Lol yeah man, were still here. Bout to crash cause were wore out!

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll give my full review once I get the right tuning for the turbo. I also have a fuel issue, I need to figure out as well.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Something just happened in my pants . . . need one

·
Registered
541 Posts
i miss it already.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
F Yeah man! That thing sounds beast!!

·
Banned
477 Posts
Yep, sounds like a Cheetah! Mike had one on his LMM a couple years ago and it lasted for about 5 hours before the bearings failed. Im more of a big power non VVT guy myself but you got to love the sound of a Cheetah.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I may have misunderstood, and I apologize if so, but weren't these having reliability issues? I thought there were some problems with the Cheetahs that I read about on here awhile back. Maybe those issues have since been resolved.

Sounds good though. Hope it works well for ya.
The old cheetahs had issues and now apparently it is no longer an issue. Not sure what it was.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
OMG that sounds sooo sexy.

i was going to comment on how it seemed your truck seemed a little slow... then i remembered it's a bigass lifted rig!!! thing is SICK!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mike had one on his LMM a couple years ago and it lasted for about 5 hours before the bearings failed.
The old cheetahs had issues and now apparently it is no longer an issue. Not sure what it was.
What Newly said might have been something I read on here before. I tend to come and go here when I get the jones for a Dmax so not always in the loop:D

I've thought about one on my Dodge with Fleece's controller. If they're holding up, might be back on the list.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I never get tired of hearing mine whistle and haven't had any issues with it. EGT's get a lil high while towing but otherwise I love it

1 - 20 of 118 Posts