Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is a stupid question, feel free to bash me, but which would be better? I don't race per se, but I do like to mash the skinny pedal every once in a while. I tow around 10,000 pounds about once a week so it has to work for that. Basically I want something that is gonna spool fast and give me more power. Don't worry, tranny is gonna be built before hand.

I am thinking of Danville Billet 4094 or 68mm Cheetah.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
4094 definitely!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
X2 on your question. I would like to know as well.

I do hear everyone say that a cheetah sounds sexy. :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
cheetah! i straight up loved mine. selling it btw, no more truck for it to be on :(
honestly both do about the same thing. cheetah is just louder :D

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
but if you really tow a lot a 4094 vvt would be nice

·
Registered
541 Posts
why do you say that.....?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
29 Posts
In the same situation. Which would be better or a twin set up later on?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sub'd. Can't wait to see some opinions. I've read about this till my eyes bleed and still couldn't pick.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It seems like there is no clear cut, black and white answer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Subscribing. Def need something that will be good for towing. I know twins would fit the bill, but more interested in a single budget wise

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
id save for twins cuz whats better than 1 turbo? 2!

·
Registered
141 Posts
The 4094s do not spool as well as the modded stockers, which makes them harder to tune. They have a weaker turbine wheel that is prone to melting (could have just been the earlier models), and they do not support as much HP as the modded stockers. But those are just my observations...

Caleb

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
I liked the 4094. It spooled quick, was real easy to tune and made tons of power. I didn't even push it to its limits and I was up around 650 on a stock pump and 40% tips. I never towed anything with it but the turbo brake is ALOT weaker than the stocker. I feel its due to the different vanes and exhaust turbine. That was the only bad thing I could find about it. Its a really good turbo for the money.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Define modified stocker....

Isn't a 4094 a modified stocker?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
I find it amusing that people say definitely one way or another without any experience or first hand knowledge. My recommendation would be to call up some turbo guys like Scott at SDP, Mark, or many of our vendors who do a lot of work with turbos. Look for concrete reasons why one is better then another and not just one spools faster. IMO, spools faster will depend on your tuning a lot.

I'm sure Mark, Scott, Henry, Rob, Nick, Dustin or many of those guys could give you specifics which they like better and why. Additionally Scott, Nathan, Trent, or any of those guys could let you know about using one in a compound turbo setup later on.

Edit...

Looks like Dustin has offered some insight already. If you are going with a compound setup the 4094 may be a better choice for you.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
I had the 4094 and loved it. With good tuning it spooled like stock.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts