Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i currently have 35x12.50's on my truck right now and they probably wont last mue much longer than 2 or so months. I was thinking maybe putting 33's on it to save a little money and pick up a little extra speed from them compared to the 35's

I also have a 6in lift on the truck right now and im not totally sure what its going to look like on 33s? Anyone have pics of that?

But let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I don't know, i have a 6" lift and am wondering the same thing, i found some 33 and 34 for real cheap compared to my 35's. post pics for us guys.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
when i had my dmax lifted i wanted to know the same thing....mine had 6" an 35s also...

·
Registered
731 Posts
sofaking do you still have your twin turbo cummins

·
Registered
634 Posts
Lower the t bar as low as it can it'll look a little nicer if you put 33's

·
Registered
310 Posts
it will look retarted i think my 35s look too little on my truck and i have a 6 inch lift

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Honestly I think that isnt the brightest idea. If you want speed lower your truck back down

·
Registered
208 Posts
ive got 33 with turned up bars.looks perfect. any more room in the wheel wells would look silly imo. big tires and small lifts look the best to me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had 33s on my gasser and i just have the t bars cranked and 1.5 inch blocks and an add a leaf in the rear, looked like crap until i put 35s back on:)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well ive think ive decided to stay with 35's, nitto terra grapplers or the same toyo open countrys i already have

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I would because honestly no offense but it isnt gonna look good. If you are worried about speed lower it back down or have your trans built and run a hotter tune and you will be more happy

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would because honestly no offense but it isnt gonna look good. If you are worried about speed lower it back down or have your trans built and run a hotter tune and you will be more happy
Wont look good with what? Im not really worried about speed so much as i am cost.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got 3 inch key and block lift, looked kinda weird with 285's,,, looks pretty sweet with 315's,,,, i had f250 6 inch procomp, looked gay with 35's , but good with 37's,,, so i am gunna say bigger tires gunna look better,,

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
33's with a 6" lift. Too much fenderwell and not enough tire/wheel combo. But thats just MY opinion. And yes it would be cheaper

·
Registered
310 Posts
1 - 20 of 58 Posts