Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i bought a 6in stack off a buddy of mine. its chrome and i wont look good if i leave it chrome so im gonna paint it black so my question is what kind of prep work do i need to do to it before i paint it also do i do it will BBQ paint ?

·
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump come on anyone??? sanding i know but any chemicals i need to use or any tricks.....

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
im pretty sure you just have to sand it and use a high temp spray

·
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright thanks guys im pretty excited! il get some pics up here in the next couple days

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
I painted the bottom of mine....

Rough it up real good with sandpaper, clean it with rubbing alcohol, then hit it with black BBQ paint or some type of high temp paint. Let it dry overnight...Mines holding up well.

·
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok cool thanks mike how would yall recommend mounting it i dont want to get one of the clamps for the bed rail but idk how else to do it...pate on the bottom and bolt it to the bed?

·
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump any ideas...

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
bump any ideas...
they just dont you what to do.....
black high temp
my buddy does that, then hits it with a nicer black on top and seems to work pretty well

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Like Mike said just rough it up really good then clean it and paint with high temp paint. I used spray paint that is used for painting engines I think it was made by duplicolor. If it has any small dings in it make sure you get in those spots good. The stack that I put on our 4430 is starting to flake off in the spots were it was dinged and I didn't get it sanded real good. As far as mounting it if it were me I would use a plate at the bottom of the bed.

·
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the help guys might get it on tomorrow or something il get some pics up of it!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.